SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Mini pink paisley tele style guitar

What's Hot
PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2376
edited May 2 in Guitars £
£250 £220 + shipping or collection from Mid-Beds.

Based on a "Mini T" kit from Stewmac (which they no longer sell - link here for specs) but upgraded to make usable. 

Headstock reshaped to Tele style
Custom scratch guard made (clear, made to my measurements by Scratch-It)
Fender Tex Mex pickups
Wilkinson tuners
Schaller (style) strap locks (with pink strap included)
Bridge with brass saddles (bridge has an aged look about it, fitted it temporarily, never got round to replacing)

Most importantly, a fantastic pink paisley finish by the legend that is @lamf68 - The base is silver flake, smoothed with clear, with a Rothko paisley waterslide decal, then clear coated again before the pink edges were applied, then clear once more. 

This is a proper one off, it's a fun little thing, it's currently tuned to A, as I found it didn't play great in standard tuning (strings far too loose). Built this for my daughter, but she decided she was more into drums and it's been gathering dust since. 

NGD thread here with the high quality pictures: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/196855/ngd-for-my-daughter-mini-pink-paisley/p1
Build thread here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172127/complete-mini-pink-paisley-build/p1

Only thing to really mention is some lacquer issues on the neck, we decided on Poly over the finish to it'd be tougher / not damage so easily as it was for a child, but some of this lifted off when I did the fret work. Doesn't affect playability, but picture shown below. 

Pics taken today:

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments