SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: 1986 Fender TL-62 Custom Telecaster w/ upgrades

JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
edited April 27 in Guitars £
Very, very reluctant sale, but I have credit cards to pay off. 

This is a 1986 double-bound Telecaster from Fender Japan. The neck is, frankly astoundingly nice. It has a semi-satin feel to it but I don't think it's been treated- just played a hell of a lot. It genuinely feels closer to a vintage 60's neck than any other 'relic' job' I've tried, but the actual condition of the neck is great. 
It's got a fair few dings etc, even what I was told is a ciggy burn on the headstock. All adds to the charm I suppose.

Upgrades- handwound Broadcaster set from The Little Guitar Shop in Brum, sound fab, neck position is quite fat and juicy, the middle position is super chimey, bridge is classic Tele. Upgraded cap, the pots were large anyhow (this was the year before they went to Basswood and smaller pots, so is alder and larger pots), and importantly Callaham saddles. It's just an outstanding Tele all-round.
Stupidly had the 'made in japan' decal sanded off the heel of the neck, no idea why as there's no serial number there anyway I believe? You don't feel it anyway. Heck it's nearly 40yrs old so I'm sure it's had a life. 

£850 ONO, will ship for £30.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments