ToneX One - new release. Mini pedal with Amp Captures, Verb, IR loading etc - Kemper killer?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 180
    When I first saw these I thought I could use it in the loop of my Boss GX-100 to add different/better amp options but I don’t think there’s any way to switch profiles other than stomping on it, right? No midi? In which case I don’t think it would work for that use case. 
    It's the original pedal that obeys MIDI. Amp changes via PC commands are seemingly instantaneous. 

I’ve only ever used the ToneX as part of my midi rig. Never had an issue with switching, it’s been super reliable.

I finally got the ToneX One out the box this week and threw a bunch of Amalgam and Dumble profiles on it. Took it to a friend’s house so he could try it (he’s got a YouTube channel, so potentially going to review it). Working out how to switch to the other 15 profiles just wasn’t happening, so I definitely need to sit down with the manual and get to know it better. The main controls are user friendly and I think they smashed it out the park with the format / controls, but I was struggling to work out the more advanced controls without using the app.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tone Junkie just posted a video saying their ToneX capture packs are now out selling everything else (Kemper captures were their top sellers for years). Is this just a phase, or is ToneX now king of the capture world?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28010
    Tone Junkie just posted a video saying their ToneX capture packs are now out selling everything else (Kemper captures were their top sellers for years). Is this just a phase, or is ToneX now king of the capture world?
    I suspect they're automatically king because their profile player is the only one that's a truly mainstream price. And, just like the Helix in the modelling world, they have an all-software version too.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Could it also be that the Kemper stuff has been around for years and may have reached saturation point on sales, therefore there is more uptake on TJ Tonex captures right now.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I suspect they're automatically king because their profile player is the only one that's a truly mainstream price. And, just like the Helix in the modelling world, they have an all-software version too.
    I think this is it. A ton of people that weren’t willing to spend £1k upwards to try capture tech are now buying into it for the price of a nice overdrive pedal. Unless you need the extra routing / monitoring options the Kemper brings or the additional effects, then it’s a much tougher sell at 8 times the price (and much more awkward to transport).

Could it also be that the Kemper stuff has been around for years and may have reached saturation point on sales, therefore there is more uptake on TJ Tonex captures right now.
    This is also very true. The more recently released Kemper Player looks like an excellent bit of kit though and is much smaller / cheaper than its bigger predecessor. I figured they’d be killing the market with that, especially with how establishes the captures are already for Kemper. Were they too late with it, or was the pricing off? 

As for Quad Cortex, the Neural DSP marketing campaigns are second to none in this space. Have they focussed too much on their plug-ins? I not seeing as many of them about as I thought I would. Still very keen to try one though - the form factor, weight and routing options are absolutely perfect for my needs.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    edited July 11
    Question: with the Dual Mode, could I have Amp A as a dry amp and Amp B with reverb? 

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    edited July 11
    Question: with the Dual Mode, could I have Amp A as a dry amp and Amp B with reverb? 
    Yes. And you can easily add or remove reverb on the pedal once you’ve loaded the amps you want into A/B slots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom