What's your favourite analogue delay pedal?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5619
    Toneczar Echoczar. 

In terms a more accessible/affordable one, the Boss waza delay and the Carbon Copy Mini are both favourites too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8623
    The DMM Nano is a lovely sounding thing and gets my vote 
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1409
    dindude said:
    Absolutely, the only reason I sold mine is because I’ve just bought a Keeley Halo
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 336
    dindude said:
    Absolutely, the only reason I sold mine is because I’ve just bought a Keeley Halo
    How are you finding the Halo? Its a digital emulation isn't it? Seems pretty versatile. 
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1409
    dindude said:
    How are you finding the Halo? Its a digital emulation isn't it? Seems pretty versatile. 
    I've no idea if it's digital, but it sounds good, I like the two instant programmable presets and the fact you can just keep the pedal depressed and it starts to self oscillate. But I've been a bit busy, so haven't played with it much yet
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8093
    Aye the Halo is digital but sounds amazing imo. 

I also REALLY like the Mad Professor Deep Blue - only stopped using it to get tap tempo
    Red ones are better. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3884
    I have a Supro that is really nice. But was also impressed by the Carbon Copy. 
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    edited May 7
    MXR Carbon Copy 10 years and counting, running it at 12v makes it a little less dark

The old Arion one that looks like the SCH-1 chorus is rather nice too
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2279
    Still a Jam Delay Llama Xtreme for me. Despite everything my Meris LVX can do, the DLX has not left the board. Beautiful core delay tone, and 3 of the 4 Xtreme modes (no use for Random) are fantastic, particularly the pitchshifting.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1291
    edited May 7

The old Arion one that looks like the SCH-1 chorus is rather nice too

The SAD-1 (the model number's always made me smile). Really nice delays, run them at 12V on an isolated supply (like the old Boss pedals).

I have three - an original grey box that was my first ever delay pedal and is still on my board and always on (subtly) and two of the later black box versions.

And one of them really does look like an SCH-1! When I bought it, like many others it was missing the battery cover. You can get replacements but, due to the 'fame' of the SCH-1 chorus, they seem to only come in blue!

• cm01cm01 Frets: 547
    I just picked up a dirt cheap TC Alter Ego V2 and boy does it sound good!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    Another vote for the DOD Rubberneck, but if you want simplicity the Ibanez Delay Mini is hard to beat - a bit livelier than their original Analog Delay and a fantastic time knob. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    The original Boss DM-2. I had a couple of them which sounded a bit different, but both great. Recently I had a DM-2W, which despite the longer delay time just didn’t sound as good as I remember the old ones doing - it was ‘too good’ somehow, and a little bland by comparison.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom