A moment of real joy

What's Hot
FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 658
in Amps
I've had my Cornell Romany since 2003. My 'go to' tone has been the lush cleans. 
When I used the EQ cut I somehow found it to aggressive.

Until now.

My new Epi LP Custom seems to have bought out something I've not been able to find.
It was inspired by my love of Steve Jones, hence the new guitar. It will be made to be a decent look-a-like with a twist.

Turning the amp to half-way with the eq cut activated, I found a sound which is utterly inspiring.
I had a run with the Custom and then tried out my Martyn Booth Special, BKP MB P90's. WOW! That was brighter, as I would expect and everything just 'took off'.

I've been playing more and more. 

I have moved onto my FX Plexi. I've even found some great tones with that.

Mr Mojo has certainly returned and it feels very good. The first time since my head injury that I have felt love toward my guitars.
Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
FX Plex - Cornell Romany
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 780
    Hold on to that moment for as long as you can. Revisit it regularly. Really happy for you.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1228
    It’s a beautiful thing when you happen upon a sound that really moves you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5316
    I’m not a fan of my Romany’s EQ cut….but I’ve just got a Les Paul…..I’ll check it out. 
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 658
    tone1 said:
    I’m not a fan of my Romany’s EQ cut….but I’ve just got a Les Paul…..I’ll check it out. 
    My main guitar is a Strat and the EQ cut doesn't seem to hit that 'spot'. I agree with you.
    Not sure why, I guess it just 'is'.
    I have found the volume around 5 works with the stock Epi.
    Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3884
    FastEddie said:
    I've had my Cornell Romany since 2003. My 'go to' tone has been the lush cleans. 
    When I used the EQ cut I somehow found it to aggressive.

Until now.

My new Epi LP Custom seems to have bought out something I've not been able to find.
    It was inspired by my love of Steve Jones, hence the new guitar. It will be made to be a decent look-a-like with a twist.

Turning the amp to half-way with the eq cut activated, I found a sound which is utterly inspiring.
    I had a run with the Custom and then tried out my Martyn Booth Special, BKP MB P90's. WOW! That was brighter, as I would expect and everything just 'took off'.

I've been playing more and more. 

I have moved onto my FX Plexi. I've even found some great tones with that.

Mr Mojo has certainly returned and it feels very good. The first time since my head injury that I have felt love toward my guitars.

Those amps are great. Glad you've found something fresh in them - always a thrill when that happens.

Sorry to hear about the head injury - hope everything is going ok with that 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 282
    Instant Clapton beano tone for me on my Romany on setting B using the eq cut