The 'Weapons of Choice' for today.... [pics preferred]

What's Hot

Comments

• hoofheartedhoofhearted Frets: 39
    edited August 21
    Nik Huber KII that I got in a trade at the weekend

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 901
    Been practising some scales & fingerpicking instead of working.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13896
    Oooh! A PRS I rather like the look of!  What is it Raymond?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    edited August 28
    Offset said:
    Oooh! A PRS I rather like the look of!  What is it Raymond?
    It's a 305.  A Strat in a Custom 24 body shape basically (Alder) with a set neck.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8967
    edited August 28
    Telecaster shaped object today.

Started off life as an Artist Guitars TC59.  The '59 part implies quite correctly that this has a pretty chunky neck, but it's a beautiful neck to play on.  The 2-piece ash body and humbucker (with coil splits) format made this guitar 10lb when it arrived with its black pickguard.  I had a brain storm one day when I had my hole saws out cutting a hole for a ceiling light, and bored most of the way through in two places from the back of the body then grabbed the router and quickly and roughly hacked out the wood inside the circular cut    It's now just under 8lb and the hollowed-out voids give this guitar a hollow barking twang.  Nobody but me would see the back anyway, and it was a cheap guitar (about £140 at the time several years ago) but one that far surpasses the price for build quality and parts.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 517
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • LogieLogie Frets: 447
    edited August 28
    Just got the Gibson so it’s the guitar of choice at the mo

• Pete.RPete.R Frets: 503
    today was 'Cheapo-Day'
    Stagg SES-60 and Marshall Rev12

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3892
    edited August 29
    Relearning songs from my band's debut album that'll finally be out in about a month – we have the record release show 20/09 so I'll play the JM which I recorded most of the album with. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Cort G300 Pro in "Vivid Burgundy".  It's actually not vivid at all and is more of a muted burgundy colour that changes from almost choclatey brown to a metallic burgundy as pictured depending on light.  This is definitely the best neck I've had on any guitar.  As well as having a compound radius the back of the satin-finished and fairly sizeable neck profile is slightly @Offset to conform really well to my hand.  It's also one of the best trem systems I've had and it's a nice low profile due to being countersunk so the bridge plate is level with the face of the body.  A beautiful and pretty versatile guitar to play and it sounds fantastic.

1993 Levinson Blade Texas Standard Pro bought 2nd-hand through a retailer.  Last owner was in Milford Haven.  If he's reading this I have a question about the VSC (Variable Spectrum Control) circuit board fitted to this guitar that gives a choice of tone control boosts that can be set using trim pots.  Feels and sounds like a really good Fender Strat, plays like one, and is more versatile.  The trem is just like any vintage Fender one that takes time to set up well, so I just have it for downward only for now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited August 31
    Promo video shenanigans last night so I brought all the grown up toys. Now I don't ever want to go anywhere without 3 amps ever again...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9105
    Eeny, meeny, miny, mo…

My wife and daughter each say they look identical. It’s like living amongst Vandals and Visigoths
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    7reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Only £250 currently (I paid a good bit less) for an incredibly well built Artist Guitars AP59GT90 Gold Top with P90s.  They aren't proper normal soapbar P90s.  They are stacked coils and ceramic magnet that can be split for P90-ish sound or using both coils for quite a bit of grunt.  In stacked mode 16K / 7.6H bridge, 10K / 7H neck, with respective Artist Guitars model numbers M-90SKB and M-90SKN.  They are made by the same OEM (Mings) that makes the M-series Wilkinson stacked P90s (W90SKB/MX20791V and W90SKN/MX20781V).  I love the sound of this guitar and the playability is really good.  I'm not altogether keen on the fret nibs, but they were well finished when I bought it and I've smoothed them out even better.
  • JerkMoans said:
    Eeny, meeny, miny, mo…

My wife and daughter each say they look identical. It’s like living amongst Vandals and Visigoths
    Why did you buy two of the same guitar?
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 18

1985 Made in Japan Fender Flame Standards in black and sunburst.  The black one has been played to death since I got it 2nd-hand back at the end of the 80s or early 90s and I have just tried a fret level and recrown to see if I can get some more play time from it before having to refret it completely.  I will get some use out of it for a while I think, but they do feel quite different now that the black one has lower frets.  The sunburst one was in absolutely excellent condition and with almost zero fret wear when I bought it through the classifieds here almost a year ago, and it is a beautiful guitar to play.

Part of the "Master Series" that included the Esprit (with slightly wider set horns that evolved into the Robben Ford model) and the hollowbody D’Aquisto, each of which were available in Standard, Elite and Ultra models.

Front-bound alder chambered body with carved maple cap, bound maple set-in neck with nicely rounded heel access, very high quality rosewood fretboard, 24.75" scale, Schaller-made tuners, bridge/tailpiece, and pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wraubwraub Frets: 28
    It'll be this one.

Amp is a Katana combo so no need for a pic.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13896
    Phwooooar.  That looks very nice indeed.  What is it?
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 574
    99.9% of the time, it’s this. 

• WafflesOnHorsebackWafflesOnHorseback Frets: 127
    edited September 21
    Playing this loads. 2009 R9.

IMG-1904
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom