NPD: Keeley Halo

What's Hot
BrioBrio Frets: 2245
in FX
Blimey.
Very impressed. Its so good that the combo of it and the Brig means that I'm getting rid of the Chase Bliss Tonal Recall.
Covers so many bases and with the obligatory Flashback II I'm thoroughly sorted. 
Huge thumbs up for the range of sounds in there.

Even better, when I left Andertons at 5 this evening a very healthy and happy looking fox was sat the other side of the road and didn't move until I got within 10 feet.
Gotta love urban wildlife 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 944
    edited May 23
    Congratulations. A truly stunning bit of engineering by Mr K. 

I run my HOF 2 into the Halo using the Pete Thorn Toneprint and Andy T preset for massive sounds. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Good innit. 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's excellent. The pre-sets do all I need. The Andy's Halo pre-set sounds glorious. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HydraHydra Frets: 23
    Does it work well in mono or does it benefit from a wet/dry rig like Mr T?
  • Yes it works well in mono, not tried it in stereo, need to try it in stereo into my HX Stomp. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    Brio said:
    Blimey.
    Very impressed. Its so good that the combo of it and the Brig means that I'm getting rid of the Chase Bliss Tonal Recall.
    Covers so many bases and with the obligatory Flashback II I'm thoroughly sorted. 
    Huge thumbs up for the range of sounds in there.

Even better, when I left Andertons at 5 this evening a very healthy and happy looking fox was sat the other side of the road and didn't move until I got within 10 feet.
    Gotta love urban wildlife 
    Out of interest what does the Flashback 2 do that the Halo can't?

• BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    edited June 11
    Fit on my miniboard with tap tempo on an external switch and the mash feature, plus 3 presets.
    But mainly size...
  • greejngreejn Frets: 142
    It's the only thing I use for gigs now, handy that it's so small.
    Sorry guys, don't know what I was thinking. My Flashback 2 is pretty much the same size as the Halo. I did have a Flashback Mini a long while back...

All my delays are pretty much the same size since I sold the Specular Tempus.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 643
    edited June 7
    Question for Halo owners - I thought Andy Timmons achieved the "Halo" tone (before the Halo was released) by running 2 delays in series, yet having downloaded the Halo user manual, it looks like you can only run the Halo on one side at a time (ie. Switch A OR Switch B )but not both together - am I missing something? Presumably, if you switch from A to B, activating one side turns the other side off?
    That is correct. There are two delays in there though. They do cascade in a few of the rhythm settings but are not independently selectable. The ratios are pre-set by Andy/Keeley. The two 'sides' of the pedal are 2 saveable slots with 4 banks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Yep - selecting Halo as the delay type results in 2 delays at a (proportionally) fixed delay time offset.
    Red ones are better. 
    Thanks chaps. 
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 379
    Having compared my Strymon DIG and a Halo side by side I find that the DIG can do any sound the Halo can do, and more. The Halo's pre-sets are pretty good but the pedals operation is quite fiddly.
    Never tried a Dig so I can't comment on that. I do find the Halo simple but compared with some of my previous stuff that is no surprise.
    I'm looking at you Catlinbread...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Brio said:

Some lovely choices there mate 
    Brio said:

Got to ask......if you could only keep one, which would it be and why?
    Halo or Flashback for versatility in many situations. Tonal Recall for the glorious sound/midi control and modulation control that the Brig doesn't quite get (but is stereo) and the Mood as it is totally batshit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rickd2112arickd2112a Frets: 51
    @Brio ;
    How does the Halo compare to the Brig? I already have the Brig and was looking for another delay to compliment it and also do more reverby type delays (I also considered the Cloudburst).

As I understand it, the Halo is DMM flavoured, so should be similar to the Brig (3005). Can the Brig Multi do similar to the Halo pre-set(1A) - I've tried but haven't got mine sounding the same?

My other option is a trusty El Cap - not really reverb but some very nice multi-tap delay settings.

Any view on that?