UPS and V.A.T.

What's Hot
droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
Anyone any experience of how it works?

I’ve just bought a guitar from The Netherlands to be delivered by UPS. I assume they won’t deliver until I’ve paid the V.A.T. etc.?

How does the process work?
Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    edited May 29
    It's been a while since but you get an email/phone or even a postcard in the post to delivery address if they don't have the former, while the parcel sits in the delivery depot waiting for you to pay before releasing it to you.

Unless they changed it to like FedEx where a letter come a week after asking for payment....I prefer it this way, not because I don't pay but since I already have the package, I feel I am not being held hostage for it.  I always email back saying "I am happy to pay the tax and duty but I feel your admin fee to be unreasonably high, I have had multiple successes getting that either removed or discounted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2664
    tFB Trader
    Get the tracking number, watch the tracking online, when it has been processed by customs the tracking will say "You have fees to pay" in small writing at the top of the tracking page. Pay that as quickly as possible and your guitar will not be delayed.

If you just wait they may attempt to deliver the guitar but won't give it to you unless payment is made, they only accept cash and don't have change and if you say I will pay it online quickly you will have a stroppy delivery driver at your door with your precious guitar. If you don't have the money the guitar goes back to the depot for another round of delivery roulette the next day where you wait to see how damaged the packing is the second day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
    Update. They’ve just delivered :)

Thanks for the responses guys, I’ll just wait and see if I get an invoice from them in the future. 

Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom