SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS / FT - EVH 5150 Iconic 15 Watt 1x10 combo - show me your heads?

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 848
edited 9:08AM in Amps £
£375 now £360 - collected from Nottingham (postage possible for about £15)

Trades?
Will consider a swap for a compact head - cash either way:
- Marshall DSL20 or one of the new (ISH) 20 watt reissues
- Victory
- PRS MT15
Or whatever....

I bought this amp brand new, just a couple of months ago - it was a stop gap whilst I was between amps, and I bought it to tide me over and also because I'd heard such good things about them that I really wanted to give it a go.

First thing to say is to not be fooled by the EVH (Van Halen) association - yes, it can do all the EVH stuff you'd expect, but it's so much more than that. As the online reviews all agree, it has a fantastic clean channel which can go from sparkle cleans, to warmer jazzier tones, through to crunchie settings, and then the dirty channel carries on, from the crunchie stuff all the way through to high gain. It also features a very adaptable shared EQ, with master resonance, presence and reverb.

For home use, the low wattage setting (think it's quarter power) is perfect, but if you need more volume the 15 watt setting has bucket loads. The 1x10 format is great in keeping it compact, but doesn't suffer the boxy-ness that some 1x10s are known for.

Round the back there are are various options for speaker and headphone outputs as well as an excellent FX loop (perfect for modulation type effects).

The amp comes in perfect working order, and in the original box and with its footswitch - as I mentioned, it's only a couple of months old, but it had been on display in a shop, so there are some scuffs and marks, the most noticeable being some scratches over the '5150' on the back and also the tolex below. The front, top and sides just have a few little minor marks. So here's a great chance to save a chunk of money off a new one!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments