SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Godin A6 Ultra, Yam 12str, 2x Projects - Prices Cut

TTonyTTony Frets: 28220
edited July 2 in Guitars £
A few guitars to find loving new homes for ...

1.  Godin A6 Ultra - £700

I'd been looking for a hybrid option for a while, and bought this - and a Taylor T5 - last year to assess.  In some ways, this beats the Taylor, in other ways the Taylor wins (which is fair enough as the T5 was 3x the cost!).  Anyways, T5 is staying, so this is to go.

Comes with the normal well-padded Godin gigbag.  Piezo under the bridge, HB in the neck, and you can have either/or, or a blend of the two via the on-board controls.  There's a small mark on the body on the top side, but otherwise the guitar and frets are pretty clean.  8.5/10.

Shipping is always a bit of an issue as this is gig-bagged rather than hard-cased, but I do have boxes and packing materials if you want to arrange a courier to collect.

Else collection is welcome, or meet-up not too far away from IP22 is also good.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28220
    edited July 2
    2.  Yamaha APX5-12 electro - £120 £100

I keep getting a 12-string itch, and I keep scratching it.  Note-to-self;  Stop Scratching It!

Bought here a few months ago as I thought I was missing my last 12-str.  But this one has been played just about as much (ie not very much at all) and in its large Gator hardcase, it's taking up too much room and so has to go.

On sale for what I paid for it which seemed (and was) an absolute bargain.

It's in used, definitely played condition.  If you see a mark on the photos, assume that it's a mark on the guitar, not a bit of dust on the lens!  But it's structurally sound and there's plenty of life in the frets.  Having played a couple of other Yammy electros, I did wonder whether the neck would be too narrow for a 12-str, but this is fine and easily playable.

As stated above, this one is hard-cased and I have plenty boxes/packing material, so shipping is an option unless you happen to be local to IP22.
    edited July 2
    3.  Project LP-style - £200 £150

Selling this on as a project, the hardware/pickups will be stripped from it, so you'll get the body & neck only.  I put this together many years ago, but it's not one that I reach for to play, so up for sale it goes.

I made the body, it's one-piece walnut carved top over Korina with a simple oiled finish.  The mahogany/RW neck was bought from somewhere (I remember not where), but I re-fretted it and added the fret markers.  There are some tooling marks on the fretboard where I was careless, and the neck join, whilst perfectly solid, could be tidied up aesthetically.  Hence listing this as a project / carcass for someone to do what they will with it.

No issues with neck angles or alignments or action height or anything related to playability, but it's not finished perfectly, hence not wanting to see it as a ready-to-go guitar.  

As-is, it weighs 7 3/4lbs, so it's no beasty.  Action is 2.0mm low E and 1.8mm high E.

only

I don't even have a gig bag for this, so collection / meet-up is definitely preferable unless you want to risk me sending it wrapped in bubble wrap (inside a proper guitar box of course).
    edited July 2
    4.  Project Strat-style - £200 £150

Selling this on as a project, the hardware/pickups will be stripped from it, so you'll get the body & neck only.  This has been sat in my workshop for a while, certainly not getting played and collecting a lot of dust, only some of which is cleaned off!

This is another home build, with a walnut cap over an Ash body.  This was a heavy piece of Ash, and I thinned the body down to get it to a sensible weight (another 7 3/4lbs).  The maple neck, IIRC, came from Mr GSP and has - as you can see - some lovely flame in it.  Because I'd thinned the body, I also took some wood of the back of the neck heel, and you can see a bit of remaining ridge left where heel joins neck-proper - see the last couple of photos.

Finish was again plain-oil, although I remember using this to test Wez' wet-oil process on the top, so it's a lovely smooth finish under the sawdust.

Action on this is a ridiculously low - and buzz free - 1.2mm top & bottom.

Yes, there's no rear cavity cover.   Because the body thinner than usual, the bottom of the circuit board on the 5-way super switch protrudes beyond the ledge cut for the cover.  Probably the easiest fix for this is to cut out a small recess on the inner of a cavity cover.

This can be shipped with the body and neck disassembled or collection/meet-up (as above) is always possible.
    Bump.
    Questions & Answers

Not really interested in trades for guitars/amps.  Pedals maybe.  Really I just want some space back ...

Don't really want to sell the projects with the pickups - because I'll maybe reuse them in a future build and both sets would be expensive to replace.  You can have the bridges though.

Yes, if it helps, I'll make and provide the missing rear cavity cover on both projects.

Why do I prefer the T5 over the Godin?  Primarily the feel and unplugged sound (and, yes, it looks better to).  The Godin is better as a source for IRs - you can use it in standard piezo mode which is what the IRs expect as an input, whereas the T5 has more complicated pickup options and I've not found an IR set which respond as well.  
    Prices cut on the projects & Yam12 string.

The Godin is enough of a bargain as it is  :D 
    Bump