NGD and case question

What's Hot
MSedgMSedg Frets: 132
I finally got a Gibson Original Jumbo reissue this week - it’s a 2005, really pleased with it, I’ve played 5 or so of the various reissues, from various 2024-2003 releases and this is my favourite so far. Sounds Like a J-45 with more oomph, bit more bass, and has a really comfortable soft V neck and nice sunburst adi top. The only thing I played that was better was a Collings CJ45T but that was over double the price. 

I was slightly worried about the depth of it as I mainly play smaller stuff but it’s actually really comfy to play sitting on the couch. 

I’m looking to fly with it at some point - I don’t really trust the standard Gibson case. Anyone who’s had one, any ideas if they fit in the standard Hiscox dread case ok? Measurement wise it looks ok but because there’s not much taper from neck block to endpin I’ve read some people have had difficulty with the depth.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7943
    I have an advanced jumbo that fits nicely in the Hiscox dreadnought case. Pro ii in Ivory, get one with a strap, it has flown with no issues.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 64
    My original original jumbo goes in a hiscox Pro ii with the extra pads they give you fitted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 246
    Simple. Measure your guitar. If it doesn't correspond to the Hiscox measurements on their web site, email them and they will tell you what needs to be done (or not).

My old Takamine was a few mm larger than the given measurements for the Jumbo case. Hiscox said it would be OK and so it was. Good service methinks - but at the price of the cases, I would hope so.

Good luck.
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 132
    Great - thanks all. Sounds like it’ll do the job. Now to see how BA luggage handlers respond…
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73540
    MSedg said:

Now to see how BA luggage handlers respond…
    You can always rely on them to go the extra mile and still really try to break it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein