Buying from Fender direct?

What's Hot
BodBod Frets: 1432
Has anybody had any experience of buying directly from Fender's website? 

I've just impulsively bought a Squier Jaguar H bass from there as it's on offer today, and just wondered if it would take up to 7 business days as quoted for standard shipping?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spev11spev11 Frets: 472
    I did last year, it was shipped from their Netherlands warehouse, took 4 business days but I may have just been lucky
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1432
    Thanks.  I've just seen on their site that all orders are shipped from the Netherlands, so it's unlikely to be a particularly quick turnaround.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1680
    edited July 2
    Entirely up to you where you buy from but don’t think they ship from the UK (meaning slower shipping and returns a nightmare) and they’re full RRP prices… although maybe the offer they have is a very good one. Any UK store would possibly be cheaper even if an item’s at “full” price and no customs to deal with on case of any returns or warranty issues. Apologies as don’t mean to rain on your parade, and if it’s the only place you could get the exact model/colour or it’s a banging deal then fair enough.
    Dan_Halen said:
    Entirely up to you where you buy from but don’t think they ship from the UK (meaning slower shipping and returns a nightmare) and they’re full RRP prices… although maybe the offer they have is a very good one. Any UK store would possibly be cheaper even if an item’s at “full” price and no customs to deal with on case of any returns or warranty issues. Apologies as don’t mean to rain on your parade, and if it’s the only place you could get the exact model/colour or it’s a banging deal then fair enough.
    Yeah, I looked at other retailers as I would ideally have preferred to buy from the UK for exactly those reasons, but it was a special "Fender Days" offer - 20% discount so £188 instead of £235.  Worth the wait for the saving, although I agree it's a gamble.  If I have to return then yeah, could be a PITA.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1680
    Bod said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    Yeah, I looked at other retailers as I would ideally have preferred to buy from the UK for exactly those reasons, but it was a special "Fender Days" offer - 20% discount so £188 instead of £235.  Worth the wait for the saving, although I agree it's a gamble.  If I have to return the yeah, could be a PITA.
    Ah, I wouldn’t worry too much and seems like a decent price tbf. Sure it will be absolutely fine and enjoy the new bass when it shows up. Not sure how it works with shipping - if Fender pay the VAT does it fast track customs or what. Last thing I ordered from EU took about a week from dispatch to my door including the paying of VAT so not a huge wait hopefully! 
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1332
    Did it a few years ago (post Brexshit) and I remember the delivery being pretty quick. I returned a guitar and that was no hassle either.
  • foskfosk Frets: 174
    Bod said:
    Has anybody had any experience of buying directly from Fender's website? 

I've just impulsively bought a Squier Jaguar H bass from there as it's on offer today, and just wondered if it would take up to 7 business days as quoted for standard shipping?
    I pre-ordered a Tele with them, then they couldn't fulfil it despite shops having them (and selling out).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    I looked at the Fender deal on this bass and it is cheaper on Thomann
    stonevibe said:
    I looked at the Fender deal on this bass and it is cheaper on Thomann
    I think that must be a recent price drop?  I'm pretty sure I checked Thomann before ordering.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10068
    My recent Strat buying experience showed that, for me at least, bricks and mortar is the way to go. I tried out, I’d guess, about ten guitars. Most were ok, but one I picked up and instantly knew it would be coming home with me. You’re unlikely to find ‘that one’ with any kind of mail order.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom