New Pedal Day: Obscure BJFE Overdrive Clone: Saffron Yellow

What's Hot
stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 216
in FX

This just arrived today...£29 off ebay. Solid build quality, everything seems good, sounds nice. Similar to the honey bee I had a while back but a little brighter, did an A/B with some of my other overdrive pedals and it holds it's own.

What's weird is that a google search turns up next to nothing, obviously a BJFE rip off/clone....any ideas about this blizz pedals anyone?

I'll mic up my fender tomorrow and record some sounds  if anyone is interested to hear it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 140
    I have been buying directly from this guy using Chinese Taobao (I used to live in China and still have an account) for ages. I have a few of his pedals incluing a honey bee and a baby pink booster. Currently thinking about getting the baby blue OD clone he makes.

Seems to be one of the better cloners in China, although almost zero online presence, all the components are good quality. He does goop his circuits which is a bit annoying.

He makes a clone of the BJFE model G which I have also debated getting.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    The Saffron are usually Fender based, like a cleaner tweed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 216
    The Saffron are usually Fender based, like a cleaner tweed.
    Ah yeah, of course, the original BJFE is based on a 60's tweed/blonde/brown fender circuit. This pedal gets as dirty as any though and it sounds great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom