Boys season 4

What's Hot
Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4833
Brilliant as usual.
Some very direct references to modern US politics this time round. Even mentioned AOC, Honelander is becoming more and more Trump like.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16296
    best season yet IMO, really ramping up well.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24813
    I've seen some rumblings that this season has been getting bad reviews - although I haven't read them.  I'm four episodes in and I'm finding it as gripping as ever.

It's always somewhere in the back of my mind that Homelander could easily just wipe out Butcher and his team if he really wanted to, and yet he doesn't... but meh, I just go along with it and enjoy the ride.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7459
    The twist with butcher was very well done.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1022
    edited July 7
    All seems rather samey to me.

The Trump references are rather heavy handed and Butcher's reveal was telegraphed from the very first appearance.  Hard to call it a twist when the cues were that clear!

Me, I see a shark.  Possibly a ramp.  Pretty sure there's someone headed for it with a quiff.

Tornoto's looking nice though.  Was there quite recently and once you've stood there, the locations are really obvious.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4333
    Eh, I feel it’s becoming a cliche of itself now, but I’ll still watch it to the end.

I’m not impressed with some of the commentary coming off of last week’s episodes though and making light of Hughie’s experience - not cool.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25278
    Bad reviews are from the amazingly high amount of US Trump supporters who have suddenly realised Homelander is a baddie.

It’s both hilarious and concerning.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2989
    Im loving it -but think I Im an episode behind - it will probably be Thursday before I can watch it

Me, I see a shark.  Possibly a ramp.  Pretty sure there's someone headed for it with a quiff.
    People are talking about twists and reveals, so maybe I should stop reading... but I think they have said season 5 will be the last.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1022
    Philly_Q said:
    People are talking about twists and reveals, so maybe I should stop reading... but I think they have said season 5 will be the last.

It'll need to be - would have been better to wrap it this time though.  I suspect it'll really nose dive with a last season focused budget.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7541
    We're enjoying it, and it's as bananas as ever. Last episode was, perhaps, a tad insensitive but it's not really a show that does sensitive particularly sensitively. 

I don't understand the terrible reviews - the writing, acting and directing is as good as ever I think. I also don't buy it's people realising homelander is the baddy - I think people feel like it's too blunt an instrument now. I've felt it has been incredibly blunt since series 1, but perhaps it is becoming much more in-your-face in terms of it's stance on modern political and social issues. I am not sure. 

Anthony Starr is still absolutely incredible, but the whole cast is brilliant. Erin M has received a lot of negative press for supposed plastic surgery - I must say, I don't see it, she looks like Erin and she's a few years older than series 1... Meh. People are daft sometimes, but I've seen some really nasty, aggressive comments slung her way. 
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 521
    edited July 8
    Love it and some of the one liners are superb …

Spoiler in case people aren’t up to date:
    Butcher’s ‘I’d call you a c**t but you don’t have the depth or warmth’ actually made me laugh out loud 

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4833
    The new newscaster member of the 7. Is such a great mix of Margery Taylor Green and Boebert. 
    I don't understand the terrible reviews - the writing, acting and directing is as good as ever I think. I also don't buy it's people realising homelander is the baddy - I think people feel like it's too blunt an instrument now. I've felt it has been incredibly blunt since series 1, but perhaps it is becoming much more in-your-face in terms of it's stance on modern political and social issues. I am not sure. 
    I think I'll wait and read/watch the reviews at the end of the series, but if people are only just realising that Homelander - and Vought - are the bad guys, then they haven't been paying attention.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7571
    Erin M has received a lot of negative press for supposed plastic surgery - I must say, I don't see it, she looks like Erin and she's a few years older than series 1... Meh. People are daft sometimes, but I've seen some really nasty, aggressive comments slung her way. 
    I don’t care what she decides to do with her own face, but it does look completely different.

https://i.postimg.cc/QtvX008z/IMG-1617.webp 

Philly_Q said:
    I think I'll wait and read/watch the reviews at the end of the series, but if people are only just realising that Homelander - and Vought - are the bad guys, then they haven't been paying attention.
    Go and have a look at the right wing USA corner of Twitter.

Seriously - they genuinely are amazed that Homelander is "now" being set up as a baddie.

Even the writers on the show have expressed their amazement at the amount of abuse they are getting from the Trumpers who have only just realised.

^^  Honestly, what did they think they were watching for the first three seasons?  I know some people get their knickers in a twist if we accuse Trump supporters of being thick.... but they really are as thick as pigshit.
    They thought they were watching a hero in an american flag who would do everything to protect them... 
    Most of them didn't even realise when Homelander murdered that protester in the street - just like Trump said he could get away with.

Loads of them are really upset at Frenchie "becoming" bisexual too - even though he said he was in at least S2, and maybe even S1.

They thought they were watching a hero in an american flag who would do everything to protect them... 
    Most of them didn't even realise when Homelander murdered that protester in the street - just like Trump said he could get away with.
    He also murdered that planeload of passengers in an early episode of the first season!  What did they make of that, I wonder?
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 1038
    I kind of lost interest last season.

Plus I've dropped prime. 
    Yo momma's on the crack rock!