SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRICE DROP! FS: Nik Huber Krautster II (petrol blue, figured mahogany back, two sets of pickups)

What's Hot
AlunAlun Frets: 132
edited July 26 in Guitars £
Update: Now reduced to £2300 - comfortably the cheapest Nik Huber you'll find anywhere on the internet, as far as I've been able to find. 

Hey folks, offering for sale here my Nik Huber Krautster II. 

This one is absolutely stunning and when I bought it I didn't think I'd ever be selling it, but you know how these things go - seen something a little different that's piqued my interest and I'm just not using humbuckers that much these days so this is the one I'm contemplating letting go. Easily the best-playing guitar I've ever owned and mopped the floor with the three PRS's I owned before this. I feel like an idiot for even considering moving it on but hey, we're a fickle bunch, right?

Spec wise it's got a lovely Petrol Blue finish on top of a stunningly figured single-piece mahogany back, which is normally an upgrade when ordering one of these new. Then of course you have the beautiful flamed maple neck that these guitars are known for - it's a big neck for sure but honestly, I love it and I wish I could have it on every guitar I own. 

Condition-wise, there are a few little bumps and nicks here and there - nothing horrific and nothing I've added myself as they were there when I bought it - but I've tried to photograph them as best as I can. What's more easily noticeable though is some discoloration to the hardcase - not sure what happened to it with one if its previous owners but it's got some almost rust-like marking over it. Nothing that affects the integrity or safety of the case, and internally it's absolutely fine and completely pristine, but the outside is very clearly worn. 

I have the original pickups, but currently it's fitted with a Cream T 'Cream of the Crop' humbucker and 'The Duke' P90. These were put in by Paul Drew from The Studio Rats (who I bought this from) as he wasn't a fan of the originals - and while I originally planned to swap them back out for the Huber/Haussel pups I found myself really enjoying them and leaving them in. His video on the pickups with a comparison is here if you want to watch it. If you'd rather the original pickups were installed then I'm happy to sort this at no extra cost, otherwise they'll be included as part of the sale. 

There's plenty of playing in the video above but if you'd like samples in any particular style or tone then just let me know and I'll do my best to oblige. Not sure what else to say about this other than it's an absolute stunner. I don't think I could ever go to another Les Paul-alike guitar after owning this and I have a horrible feeling I'm going to regret letting it go. 

Price wise, I'm looking for £2500 £2300 and I'm based near Reading. Happy to discuss shipping/delivery if needed. Oh and the guitar comes with all associated case candy - including certificate, model specs etc. 

Right, with all that out the way, here are the photos! Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/nik-huber-krautster-ii-C4GS4S5 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1639
    These are just the best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    You will regret this down the line, trust me, I have been down that road and I have ended up buying mine back :)

Like you said, "Easily the best-playing guitar I've ever owned"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Easily the most ‘in tune’ guitar I ever owned. If I had the money, I’d have yours in a shot. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3403
    Lovely colour...I'm two sets of pickups further on with mine...wouldn't go back to the Haussels (although their 'Tronebuckers' are great).
  • AlunAlun Frets: 132
    prudd said:
    You will regret this down the line, trust me, I have been down that road and I have ended up buying mine back :)

Yeah, I am a bit worried about that for sure. In all honesty if it had two P90's I'd be keeping it so swapping out the humbucker for something else is definitely in the back of my mind also. 

Lovely colour...I'm two sets of pickups further on with mine...wouldn't go back to the Haussels (although their 'Tronebuckers' are great).
    Which pickups are you on at the moment, out of interest?
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 346
    prudd said:

This 100%
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    PM'd 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3403
    Alun said:
    Which pickups are you on at the moment, out of interest?
    Stayed with the respective humbucker/P90 sizes but initially switched to a pair of BKP Nantuckets...recently, I've put in a pair of Mojotrons which I think I'll stick with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16340
    Got the originals in mine .....the P90 is okay ,normal ,nothing special but I absolutely love the Haussel humbucker.....one of the best I ever heard
    Dominic said:
    Got the originals in mine .....the P90 is okay ,normal ,nothing special but I absolutely love the Haussel humbucker.....one of the best I ever heard
    Weirdly I loved the P90 but thought the humbucker had a little too much mid range honk. Split well though. 
    Dominic said:
    Weirdly I loved the P90 but thought the humbucker had a little too much mid range honk. Split well though. 
    That's exactly why Paul switched out the pickups on this one! I guess it probably depends a lot on the rest of your setup, as ever. 
    @Alun Absolutely. And the humbucker was great for heavier stuff!
  • Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 190
    I thought at the beginning that bridge PU is too strong and consider chnaging but then I realized thet wiring is really good. I can get nice and clear tones by playing with volume and the tone knob ta the same time. It cleans up nicely. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Still a little bit in two minds over this but going to give it a little bump anyway to see if there's any interest. Phenomenal guitar but a different pickup config is calling me so still tempted to make the switch. 
    Bumping with a possibly-very-stupid price drop. Right now the GAS is getting the better of me, so someone is potentially scoring a real deal, here. But if the guitar I want suddenly disappears, this will too!