Watching the Euros Final in Spain

What's Hot
AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 989
I’m going to be in Spain on Sunday. I’ll have wi-fi access. 
Is there a way to watch the final on a phone/ipad, like a Spanish TV app possibly? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3484
    No VPN?
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4967
    You don't think they'll be showing it somewhere?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1730
    Hahahahaha! 
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 989
    yeah, funny how I never thought of that
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    A guy in the pub last night was gutted about this - He flies out to Spain on Sunday around 6pm - So effectively little chance of getting to the hotel in time to watch it  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16622
    I was in France when they were in and won the World Cup. I didn’t have a particular need to hide my Englishness but I was staying on a large campsite and they put up a big TV and so I saw it with a tourist, fairly international crowd. So it was exciting but no mad French fans who were elsewhere getting ready to toot their car horns until 3am. So, if there’s somewhere touristy to see it that’s probably fine.
    I do know someone who lives in Spain and travels about (he runs guided tours) so I’ll see if if he knows about an aye yai yai Player. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1137
    There are VPN providers who'll gibe you a week's free trial, so that may be the way to go if you don't want to go out and soak up the atmosphere.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    I was in France when they were in and won the World Cup. I didn’t have a particular need to hide my Englishness but I was staying on a large campsite and they put up a big TV and so I saw it with a tourist, fairly international crowd. So it was exciting but no mad French fans who were elsewhere getting ready to toot their car horns until 3am. So, if there’s somewhere touristy to see it that’s probably fine.
    Similar story - 2018 WC - Big site further down below Bordeaux, near Arcachon - But we left just after the semi finals - So saw the end of the group stages and all KO matches inc the semi finals Big screen near the bar area- Good atmosphere across all nations across the camp site for all matches - Until our semi final v Croatia - Just about everyone went for Croatia and they certainly let you know it - Scots, Welsh, Irish, French and who ever else was there - Nothing nasty but a bit more than just banter 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1496
    edited July 11
    RTVE , Spanish tv, will be showing it. It will be on everywhere. How do you think you won't get to see it! Or do you want to watch it with English commentary? You would be surprised at the amount of people in Spain who couldn't give a shite about football though.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16622
    Yes my associate says RTVE, there is an RTVE app and the match should be on channel 1. 
    Will have Spanish commentary, would need a VPN and iPlayer or the ITV one for English commentary. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4479
    I used the ITV app on my phone with no issues from Ibiza. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1496
    You could watch on tv and listen to English commentary on radio
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4214
    ⚽️ Anyone interested? A mate of mine has 2 tickets to the Euro 2024 final match on Sunday in Germany, He bought them months ago on spec for £600 each including hotel and flight tickets, but didn't realise when he bought them that it was on the same day as his wedding! So he is looking for someone to take his place if you are interested? It's at 3pm at Poole Registry office. Bride's name is Nicola, 5'6", quite attractive, has her own income and is quite a good cook apparently…
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9960
    ⚽️ Anyone interested? A mate of mine has 2 tickets to the Euro 2024 final match on Sunday in Germany, He bought them months ago on spec for £600 each including hotel and flight tickets, but didn't realise when he bought them that it was on the same day as his wedding! So he is looking for someone to take his place if you are interested? It's at 3pm at Poole Registry office. Bride's name is Nicola, 5'6", quite attractive, has her own income and is quite a good cook apparently…
    Brilliant :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 989
    edited July 11
    CHRISB50 said:
    I used the ITV app on my phone with no issues from Ibiza. 
    Ok cheers. Useful to know. 
    There’s no TV in the place we’re staying (which wasn’t an issue when we booked). Yes I could go to a bar but given our location I’d probably have to drive and therefore couldn’t drink. 
    Watch England in a final without a beer? Unthinkable