1000 Lights - raising money and support for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
edited July 14 in Off Topic
Hi all, I've checked with @digitalscream that I'm ok to post this, and have his blessing (thank you).

On Sunday 18th August, I've signed up to play keys (my main instrument) as part of a 
band of 1000 musicians at the Utilita Arena in Birmingham (NIA), where we will perform two classic Linkin Park Songs - In The End and Numb. The aim being to bring a massive number of people together to support and raise money for the amazing UPRAWR Mental Health Foundation. Chester Benington's last show before his untimely passing was at this same venue, so it will have an extra weight of significance for us all.

Please consider supporting my JustGiving Page if you are able - https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights or maybe if you fancy it, visit www.1klights.com to join us all there.

As an extra incentive, every person who donates will be entered into a prize draw to be to win a "Piano Matt" recording of the song or piece of your choice - anything you like! Each person will be allocated a number then I'll do a random draw after the event to decide who wins! (this is something I've got on my piano based social media so I appreciate it might not be quite as exciting here!)

The UPRAWR Mental Health Foundation offers free mental health support and counselling to people between the ages of 18 and 35 who relate to the rock and alternative music scene. 100% of everything raised and donated will be used to help provide free mental health counselling and services.

I think we all have been affected by mental health issues at one point or another, whether it's ourselves or our loved ones. And there's no better place than this site to understand how much music can make a difference in our lives so hopefully you all don't mind my pitching of this!

The thousand-strong band will be joined by well known musicians from Bullet For My Valentine and Funeral For A Friend amongst many others. There will be musicians playing keyboards, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a strong ensemble of singers

Check out www.1klights.com for more info on the event.

All donations go to UPRAWR Mental Health Foundation Registered Charity No 1178183

Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments