SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Gretsch Masterbuilt Stephen Stern G6128 triple jet REDUCED TO £4,999

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 10003
edited August 8 in Guitars £
Something has come up for sale overnight that I’ve been after for a while. If it goes, I’ll pull this as it’s simply wonderful guitar worth all the hype about the amazing (now retired) Stephen Stern. Certain to rise in value as these are some of the best guitars Gretsch ever made. Surprisingly versatile with a 6 way selector - forget the “Gretsch can only do rockabilly” with this one. Oh, and it’s the coolest looking guitar I’ve seen. Previously Doug at Coda’s personal guitar and bought by me from him. He bought it from this parish and was gutted to sell it (a special Collings turned his head).

It was previously on here at £5,500 and Doug sold it to me for the same so it seems the right price to ask, but now reduced to £4,999. Postage fine. Collection from Chatham better or a meet up is cool.

The details:

A very unique and special Gretsch Stephen Stern 6128 Triple Jet relic. This is an incredibly rare and top spec triple jet similar to Jack White's. The waiting list for this is forever. 

It comes with superb T-Armond Tv-Jones pickups with pearl white covers and a 6 way selector switch. The lightweight alder body is beautifully relic'd, and the roasted maple neck is so smooth. This is a special guitar and a new one will set you back 12K (and rising!) if you can wait for years for it to be made. Case / Candy and Certificate all present and correct.

Specification
Master BuilderStephen Stern
Finish PackageRelic® Lacquer Finish
CaseSKB® Hardshell Case
Body WoodSolid Alder Body
Neck Shape"C" Neck Shape
Neck WoodRoasted Maple Neck
FretboardRosewood
Radius12"
Frets22 Vintage Frets
BridgeRocking Bar Bridge
TailpieceBigsby® B3C Tailpiece
TunersGotoh Tuning Machines
PickupsTV Jones® T-Armond Set
ControlsMaster Volume (Lower Horn), Volume 2. (Middle Pickup), Tone (Neck/Middle Pickups), Pickup Selector Switch

Full pics : https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/t3zqus3i8t31tr3in91aw/AC3RIhnbQcThOxQfj3zV9Nc?rlkey=4gl4jtncmqievh7m9vdboz98w&st=q90rt9vy&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jobl29vjphemhh7kcoj2l/IMG_1976.jpeg?rlkey=mgpwrpm23khldc6fkw5rni42d&st=5fnch5x6&raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pig7m1yimb8ercd4xeihe/IMG_1997.jpeg?rlkey=mbsxjjfmrxryh1urkk48bv4rc&st=cqcm3s1p&raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8qo7ornn23jstvh18ub10/IMG_0090.webp?rlkey=x4uctvrcoyd5wtgupq4bv1hae&st=6x4wbjhr&raw=1
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rob0098Rob0098 Frets: 44
    Wow small world....that was mine originally and I now have the firebird in the photo what a weird coincidence we obvs share similar taste!!! I would love that Gretsch back if I had the funds it is a wonderful guitar, good luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1807
    All the best with your sale 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10003
    Rob0098 said:
    Wow small world....that was mine originally and I now have the firebird in the photo what a weird coincidence we obvs share similar taste!!! I would love that Gretsch back if I had the funds it is a wonderful guitar, good luck with the sale.
    Blimey, Rob. That is a small world. The bird wasn’t mine, but I picked it up for the person who I believe sold it to you. 
    Hope you are enjoying it- stunning looking guitar that
    All the best with your sale 
    Cheers. Hoping it goes as quickly as yours which appears to be a forum favourite after your listing.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1101
    Beautiful. There are too many amazing guitars on here currently. Just how small are the frets? 

I normally play 6105 skinny tall ones... Wondering whether this guitar would work . It looks epic
    edited July 17
    Beautiful. There are too many amazing guitars on here currently. Just how small are the frets? 

I normally play 6105 skinny tall ones... Wondering whether this guitar would work . It looks epic
    I don’t do vintage frets. End of. These aren’t wide/fat/whatever word you want to use, but you won’t struggle at all if you’re used to 6105- they’re my favourites too and this isn’t an issue at all. Maybe they’re nice because the guitar has been brilliantly set up by coda’s tech? I’d genuinely be surprised if there was an issue.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1101
    edited July 17
    Thanks

My short, fat, chode fingers don't work with jumbos but I love some height!
    Thanks

My short, fat, chode fingers don't work with jumbos but I love some height!
    You’re very welcome to come and try it.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8272
    Absolute stunner. And top guy to deal with. GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    edited August 5
    A very reluctant add for a Fender Custom Shop Tomatillo Roasted Strat.
    Absolutely amazing guitar with roasted body, roasted flame maple neck, tomatillo hand wound pickups and an amazing relic job. You'd be looking at £6k to order the spec as all of those features have a significant uncharge. 
    This was a limited edition model, highly sought after and made in very limited numbers to showcase the pickups.
    The Tomatillo pickups are A2 magnets, designed to simulate how vintage magnets lose power over time. The guitar itself feels superb with a mega comfy 63 c neck, but it sounds old. It's a very hard decision for me to sell this as it's one of the best Strats I've played and owned.
    I'm after £2,950 for this beauty. Collected from Chatham or postage not an issue. Also happy to meet.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow, two absolute corkers! 
    Wow, two absolute corkers! 
    Thanks. 
    I'm very fussy about what I buy so if I'm listing it, it's a superb instrument.
    edited August 5
    And one more to add. This one I’ll almost certainly miss the most. Just an unbelievable vintage styled and sounding Strat. Great neck - similar to the tomatillo and heavily flamed, incredible relic work and attention to detail - even the scratchplate is warped. Forgot your Dale Wilson, this is more vintage looking than any relic I’ve seen. The radio shop pickups are classic Strat, plumby, rich, sound amazing driven and the rosewood board is incredibly dark. Coda are the UK stockist for these and they don’t hang around. I’d never heard of MB if I’m honest and was in coda looking for something else, but once this got into my hands, I was blown away. I’m selling for no other reason that it doesn’t say “fender” but it’s my best Strat.

Im after £2499.

Pics file https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/xwkh7pifj6tilq57ne2mx/AKiKs5SIAkkGzXhZPqnDSrA?rlkey=91mmp86zenrldtsf3ybydx0e8&st=t4y56d2n&dl=0

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1540
    What's the neck shape on the MB? I have one with the Large C and it's an incredible guitar
    edited July 18
    What's the neck shape on the MB? I have one with the Large C and it's an incredible guitar
    Looked it up and it’s an 86c
    0.86- 0.96.
    Exact copy of his original 1963 neck
  • Christ, how many incredible guitars do you actually have?!
    edited July 18
    Christ, how many incredible guitars do you actually have?!
    I think I’ve helped with John at peach and Doug at coda’s college fund
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1540
    Far be it for me to offer advice to a complete stranger on the internet - but I'd really think long and hard about this one! They're no longer available with that headstock, and I think you'll struggle to find a strat as good as that, in all honesty.
    Far be it for me to offer advice to a complete stranger on the internet - but I'd really think long and hard about this one! They're no longer available with that headstock, and I think you'll struggle to find a strat as good as that, in all honesty.
    It’s the one listed that I’m most torn about. I’ve also played one of the new ones and the new pickups he’s using aren’t a patch on the radioshop ones in my view. Its a really special Strat.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5201
    Amazing guitars all three of them. GLWTS I guess, although I don’t think you should sell any of them!
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/