SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Gretsch Masterbuilt Stephen Stern G6128 triple jet REDUCED TO £4,999

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 10003
    Amazing guitars all three of them. GLWTS I guess, although I don’t think you should sell any of them!
    You’re probably right!

Thanks for all of the messages. Lots of interest in the MB.
    Just to confirm, MB is a 2023 build so old headstock before the legal threats from Fender, radio shop pickups. Should have mentioned that MB use Callaham.

Tomatillo is a 2018 limited run. 

All still available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 23
    Deals fallen through on the MB (twice) and Gretsch so all still here and available. 

Just to explain the trades situation - I’m after cash (isn’t everyone). I could do with clearing 3k in a trade though towards the Gretsch, for example. However, there might be something I’d be hugely tempted by- for example, on the forum currently there’s a novo miris I really want, the Collings 360 would be very tempting, @Hattigol’s Jag is a stunner, I’m definitely after a Collings i35lc vintage at some point….
    3 as good as you’ll ever get guitars for a Thursday bump
    edited August 5
    All on eBay but also adding a Novo Serus T as bought from Peach when they got their first novo batch. Now a discontinued model. Here’s the Peach link https://www.peachguitars.com/novo-select-serus-t-foam-green-aged-pearloid-pickguard.htm

Looking for £2,750

Tomatillo sold on eBay, MB on hold to a forum member.
    Novo and Gretsch Stern still here
    Novo traded. Gretsch masterbuilt remaining
    Weekend bump for a bargain priced Stern masterbuilt
    Price reduction to a very generous £4,999. 
    I'm away on holiday soon so this will go on a temporary withdraw if unsold before. 
  • allenallen Frets: 811
    Do you know the neck thickness? Say depth at first fret?

Also, what does the 6 way switch do? Are the pickups wired like a strat? i.e. wired RWRP for the middle one.

I am guessing 6 way is something like

up = neck/both/bridge with middle engaged
    down = neck/both/bridge without middle engaged
    edited August 6
    allen said:
    Do you know the neck thickness? Say depth at first fret?

Also, what does the 6 way switch do? Are the pickups wired like a strat? i.e. wired RWRP for the middle one.

I am guessing 6 way is something like

up = neck/both/bridge with middle engaged
    down = neck/both/bridge without middle engaged
    I believe it’s supposed to give humbucker or single coil style sounds in each position. Effectively to my ears you can go from bright twang to having less treble and more balls in each position. 

I’ve looked everywhere to try and find neck measurements and they’re not available. If it helps, it feels nothing like the thin u necks on Japanese models. It’s very much a medium c shape without having huge shoulders. Pretty Goldilocks where it’s not fat but not thin and fits the hand nicely. I’d be very surprised if anyone struggled with it. It’s really what sets the sterns I’ve played aside from a regular factory model. Just so much nicer feeling necks.
  • allenallen Frets: 811
    Interesting, thanks.

Lovely looking guitar! Probably too far for me to come and try it, but maybe one day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    allen said:
    Interesting, thanks.

Lovely looking guitar! Probably too far for me to come and try it, but maybe one day.
    If you’re interested depending on what part of London it is, it’s 25 miles from the centre from Chatham.
    Great train service supported by the high speed from St Pancras or trains from Cannon Street, Charing Cross, London Bridge, Waterloo and Victoria.

It’s one of the best connected suburbs in the south east.

Just give me a shout