Dylan ticket prices

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16158
Don't suppose any you guys got some insight into BD usher Hall Edinburgh prices for nOVember?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    I had noticed that he is playing two nights in Wolverhampton which seems a surprising choice. Tickets on sale tomorrow, I can’t see any indication of prices. On thé basis that it’s a relatively small venue (3400 capacity says Google) I’m guessing astronomically expensive. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4017
    We paid £90 to see him in the New Theatre Oxford last year which is smaller than the Wolverhampton venue 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16158
    edited July 18
    I could go 100 / 125 or so.....nothing tae do with how much bread I have it's more a question of.....shit, that's too much
    tae be or not tae be
    I just heard £70 - 130
    tae be or not tae be
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    I'm mildly interested in the Wolverhampton dates, although more out of "i've seen him" ideas rather than expecting it to be a great show! Slightly put off by needing to go to Wolverhampton though, it's a good venue in a not-so-good place. I see he's doing the "no phones" lock up pouch thing which Jack White did a few years back, which works really well to be fair.

Be interesting to see how much it is - i suspect i'd be going alone which makes it more doable than having to buy two tickets just so i'm not by myself
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 174
    For Usher Hall, it's £130.35 | £97.35 | £69.85

Which is very reasonable these days, I'd say. I saw him in Glasgow a couple of years ago on an earlier leg of this tour and he was great. I do wonder how much the setlist has changed though.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    I saw him 20 odd years ago and he was rubbish. He wasn’t interested in interacting with the crowd or even introducing the songs, just sat at the piano. That’s why he’s banning phones so there’s no YouTube videos to put people off buying tickets.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1535
    I heard he banned phones to stop eejits standing up filming and blocking the view for the people behind etc. Seen him 3 times and he was really very good. Though i did get told to be quiet by some old fart sitting next to this old fart. He was foolishly trying to figure out what song Dylan was singing...good luck with that..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Didn't manage....bummer/sold out
    tae be or not tae be
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24907
    Hootsmon said:
    Don’t think twice, it’s alright…
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7518
    When I saw him it was alright but I’m pretty sure he only played for about an hour.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    edited July 19 tFB Trader
    Hootsmon said:
    Don’t think twice, it’s alright…
    I have no 'Desire' to see him - But accept he is a mighty influential icon - But I do accept that times are a changin' as I tend to 'tolerate' him more now than in the past 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2675
    mrkb said:
    I saw him 20 odd years ago and he was rubbish. He wasn’t interested in interacting with the crowd or even introducing the songs, just sat at the piano. That’s why he’s banning phones so there’s no YouTube videos to put people off buying tickets.
    He used to be notorious for the unpredictable quality of his live performances, not playing the “hits” or playing them in such mangled versions that they were unrecognisable. Basically taking the piss out of the audience on a whim. But those were the days before ticket prices rocketed. I’d be surprised if he hasn’t upped his game because it will be harder to get away with those kinds of antics if people are paying over a hundred quid for a ticket.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2079
    I saw him in Cardiff for £35 and he was truly great.

He did sing with like a blues growl (as opposed to what I knew), but it really was a gig to remember - I bought the albums after that.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14921
    … more out of "i've seen him" ideas rather than expecting it to be a great show! 
    Go on. Say it. "… before he dies."

This was the basis on which I bought tickets for Billy Connolly's 2016 High Horse tour. True to his word, The Big Yin  has performed no live stand-up comedy in the UK since.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • PjonPjon Frets: 325
    … more out of "i've seen him" ideas rather than expecting it to be a great show! 

This was the basis on which I bought tickets for Billy Connolly's 2016 High Horse tour. True to his word, The Big Yin  has performed no live stand-up comedy in the UK since.
    Same here for my buying tickets to see Spike Milligan doing a stage show in '97. I can't remember much about it, and it feels like it should be a weird dream I had, but yes, just looked it up and it really did happen.
    Pjon said:

Same here for my buying tickets to see Spike Milligan doing a stage show in '97. I can't remember much about it, and it feels like it should be a weird dream I had, but yes, just looked it up and it really did happen.

Ah, Spike Milligan, my all time HERO  :)

I have original 1st copies Dip the Puppy and Badjelly the Witch and EVERY book wot he wrote.....until I got rid
    Shat myself laughing at ...My Part in his Downfall
    tae be or not tae be
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1662
    In the 90's...
    Hammersmith - Brilliant but it was the first time I'd seen him and I was off my tits so could have been shit.

Manchester - Very good, Smallish venue, can't remember which. I was so close I could see his sweat. 

Wembley x 2 I think, different years. Both shite, Van Morrison supported one and he was even worse than Bob. Ani Difranco supported the other and kicked ass, I've been a big fan of her ever since. 

Sheffield Arena x 2 may have drifted into the 2000's. Both pretty bad. Tried to make my way down to the front, some big guy in a cowboy hat took a swing at me. We had a fight, I got kicked out. That was when I decided I hate arena gigs.  

Blackpool, Winter Gardens 2013. Amazing. Small venue,   toned it right down. Don't think he played a guitar that night, just focused on his singing. Last ever gig with my dad who adored the man. 

I'm not really interested in seeing him again now but what memories. 

Thanks Bob, even for the shite one's. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14921
    PSA: SKY Arts will be broadcasting two Zim documentaries this Friday evening.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1535
    Gandalph said:
    In the 90's...
    Hammersmith - Brilliant but it was the first time I'd seen him and I was off my tits so could have been shit.

Manchester - Very good, Smallish venue, can't remember which. I was so close I could see his sweat. 

Wembley x 2 I think, different years. Both shite, Van Morrison supported one and he was even worse than Bob. Ani Difranco supported the other and kicked ass, I've been a big fan of her ever since. 

Sheffield Arena x 2 may have drifted into the 2000's. Both pretty bad. Tried to make my way down to the front, some big guy in a cowboy hat took a swing at me. We had a fight, I got kicked out. That was when I decided I hate arena gigs.  

Blackpool, Winter Gardens 2013. Amazing. Small venue,   toned it right down. Don't think he played a guitar that night, just focused on his singing. Last ever gig with my dad who adored the man. 

I'm not really interested in seeing him again now but what memories. 

Thanks Bob, even for the shite one's. 
    I think it was manchester apollo. I have ticket stub somewhere. I went with a few mates who thought he was shite Until they seen him live. began with just his harmonica as an intro. Small venue and no mobiles getting in the way. Also no support act unfortunately. After his live aid appearance i feard the worst but he really was good.