70s hondo/80s fender hybrid; Value?

What's Hot
GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 29
edited July 20 in Bass
Afternoon all, I'm mainly a guitar/6 string player, but I'm recording an EP at home at the mo', so have been laying bass tracks down too.
I've only ever had one bass guitar, which I bought from a guy about 10 years ago.
I'm told it's a 70s hondo p bass body, but with 80s MIJ hardware/pickups.
It's had a brass nut fitted and all the paint stripped (not a great job with the stripping, but I find it kind of cool)
The previous owner also put a Fender decal on the headstock.
I've had a couple of issues with it since putting heavier strings on it (as some of my tunes are in drop D); the low E keeps slipping out of the nut when I slightly bed in drop down tuning) and now the D string has started slipping out of the string guide (prob just need to tighten the string guide screw)

It's got me thinking of buying another bass and maybe selling/trading this to somone who appreciates it's vintageness a bit more.

So, I wanted to ask for some advice; is this bass worth anything?; if so, how much for the purpose of a sale/trade?

Many thanks in advance,
Dennis

Here are some pics;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7267
    I'd guess somewhere between £30-80 ish?

But I'm no expert on basses
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 29
    Cheers! Looks like I might be better off holding on to it and just making the necessary tweaks.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74041
    It’s worth more with the Fender logo taken off, if only because it will actually be legal to sell.

Still probably in the £50-£100 range at most though. Fully functional maybe around £125, but probably not more than that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15093
    Might have been worth even more with its original pickup.

Some Hondo II instruments had OEM "budget" DiMarzio pickups. The split coils P unit has ridiculously long rod magnet polepieces that project beyond the lower fibreboard bobbin plates. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    It’s worth more with the Fender logo taken off, if only because it will actually be legal to sell.

Still probably in the £50-£100 range at most though. Fully functional maybe around £125, but probably not more than that.
    Good shout re; removing the Fender decal - didn't even think of that. I'll take that off and put the bass up on Fb marketplace/Gumtree at a low price or something. Will start a new thread re; best budget basses and have a look at the classifieds. Thanks for your help all!
    Might have been worth even more with its original pickup.

Some Hondo II instruments had OEM "budget" DiMarzio pickups. The split coils P unit has ridiculously long rod magnet polepieces that project beyond the lower fibreboard bobbin plates. 
    Shame it doesn't have the Original pups:-(