SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Celestion G12 Century Vintage 8Ohm Neo

What's Hot
DanDan Frets: 453
edited September 9 in Amps £
Anyone got one of the G12 Century Vintage Neo's for sale in 8ohm?

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanDan Frets: 453
    bump

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4955
    edited September 9
    These are very hard to find now partly because they've been discontinued for some time and partly because they're very nice sounding lightweight speakers that are much sought after and folk tend to hang on to them. I was put on to one by my friend Tim Martin on Facebook that I've put in my Vox Valvetronix AD60VT.  Tim often posts links when he finds Blue Valvetronix related stuff, so you might want to have a look in the  'Vox Valvetronix '"Blue" series amplifiers' page here and maybe drop Tim a message.  If there are any going, Tim's likely to know: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2736858489675482/

The 'Neodogs' that Vox put in their 'Blue' series VTX (not VT) Valvetronix amps were a specially made 80w version of the Century Vintage that technically had a slighter flatter frequency response to better suit a modelling amp.  In practice you'd be hard pushed to tell any difference.  I've got 4 of them - 2 in my AD120VTX and 2 in my AD212 extn cab, and I can't tell any difference with the G12 Century Vintage that I put in my AD60VT Valvetronix. So, if you're lucky enough to see any of these being sold, they're effectively the same speaker.     
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom