SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wienbrock ME-5 Barracuda 60w head

What's Hot
TrotterTrotter Frets: 521
Hi all, 

As per the title I’m selling my rather lovely Wienbrock ME-5 barracuda head. 

For those unfamiliar with these amplifiers, they were handmade in Yorkshire and sit firmly in the “British” sound camp. 

All valve 60watt hand wired goodness 
high and low channels
6l6valves 
4/8/16 ohm outputs 

We are lucky enough to have four(!) of these within our band, the other three belonging to one of the other guys which is the only reason I’m selling. I only use them for recording and the other three are in our studio. This is my personal amp and lives with me so has had an easy life. 

these amps have featured heavily on our last two albums. The high channel has a serious amount of gain on tap and sits firmly in jcm 800 / modded plexi territory to my ears. The low is more classic sounding. 

As simple as they come, no effects loops, just a great workhorse amp. 

No issues to report at all. Black tolex has a couple of small marks but nothing to deter anyone. Previous owner has changed the control knobs from the blonde “fender” style ones for some metal ones. Replacements are £14 for a set from Amazon if it bothers you. 

Happy for any inspection and looking for cash/bank transfer on collection of £450 ono, from near Huntingdon Cambs 

I cannot get pictures to work from my mobile so please drop me a line and I’ll send you some details, unless a kind soul would help post them, it would be very much appreciated :) 

Thanks all 

Mark 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments