Old tech isn’t instantly cr*p, shocker!

What's Hot
LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 941
For the princely sum of 50 imperial credits of the realm I purchased a Line6 Flextone 2 amp today.

I wasn’t expecting much as my memory seemed to recall that they were okay if a little lifeless however I find myself incredibly pleased with the quality of the tones on offer. Without doubt the weak point would be the effects however there are some basic enough options to cover off delays etc and whilst the quality of amp sounds variable, some are really good!

So for less than it would now cost a family to eat at Nando’s I’ve got myself a cracking amp… What a crazy world we live in!

That’s my (incredibly dull) story, what  are your old unfashionable gear finds that have put a smile on your face?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9960
    I gigged with one for years, and it was great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8686
    From a post I made over 2 years ago
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3250829/#Comment_3250829

I still have a Zoom 606 from 20-odd years ago.  I thought the octave effect was splendid, and it most likely is, but it's in a box somewhere in the loft.  I should dig it out again.  Too fiddly messing around for ages to store the settings, but once stored it was very easy to flip between 3 or 4 good usable ones and use the integrated foot pedal as an expression pedal for whatever effect it was assigned to alter.  Quite plasticky and lightweight though, and the jack sockets and 9v socket had to be glued in place with superglue.  I had to search for a photo and it amazes me that these are now being sold for over £70 when 15 years ago you could hardly have given one away.

I did dig that pedal out from a plastic tote box in the loft and it's now downstairs and with 4 very usable and good settings stored, one of them using the octaver effect quite subtly  The rest of the presets would take a lot of tweaking to make them good but I couldn't be bothered with that, and I only need and want a couple of good ones anyway.  I've used this quite a few times after I retrieved it from storage and it's pleasing that this fairly gimmicky and cheesy pedal still works well.  If I could take those 4 user-modified presets and transfer them into a mini pedal or replicate them on the presets of my Boss Katana 50W MkII that would be great.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom