Rare Ibanez Jem Doubleneck if it’s real I have my doubts but am no expert

What's Hot
hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
Rare if it’s real  Loch Ness green are rare yet alone double necks 
  I’d be very very wary of this  but I’m no expert  but do have a couple of RG’s it doesn’t seem right.
  It says custom made but then that’s just a fake replica unless it comes with a good pedigree like a Derrig Les Paul. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It a custom body with a pair of pink jem jr necks. Seems like it was a labour of love for whoever put it together but not worth what is being asked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 188
    I saw this too and burst out laughing - 2 Jem Jr necks with a customised body and a very botched looking pickguard. All for the lovely price of 6K - I'm pretty sure you can get a Floral JEM at that price. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2758
    It a custom body with a pair of pink jem jr necks. Seems like it was a labour of love for whoever put it together but not worth what is being asked. 

Agreed - I made a sort of similar  double neck many years ago when I weirdly decided I needed a 7 and 6 string.    That one looks a lot more professionally done than my efforts but I would still assume it uses Ibanex parts rather than Ibanez made. 

https://i.imgur.com/Sxk9n0R.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    I thought they looked like Jem Jr necks 
      £5k is bloody optimistic  £500  for such a mutt seems more like it ,  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73540
    It a custom body with a pair of pink jem jr necks. Seems like it was a labour of love for whoever put it together but not worth what is being asked. 
    You would think he would have made the body pink, then it would have been less obvious...

RedFalcon said:
    I saw this too and burst out laughing - 2 Jem Jr necks with a customised body and a very botched looking pickguard. All for the lovely price of 6K - I'm pretty sure you can get a Floral JEM at that price.
    Don't. Less than ten years ago I could have had a floral JEM for just under a quarter of that. I very nearly bought it, but MrsICBM thought I looked silly with it. What does she know?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2275
    Looks pretty well put together - but where does the £6k (starting price) valuation come from ??? 
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3883
    @Nightswan has three of these. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7237
    Technically, it's a fake, then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3558
    Indeed very rare. I'd say there's only one in the whole world.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 684
    carlos said:
    Indeed very rare. I'd say there's only one in the whole world.

And long may that remain the case!
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 376
    And if you are going to put up with the weight of a double neck, why 2 x . 6 string necks?

Must be for all those open tunings used by the modern shredders

• BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 240
    jca74 said:
    And if you are going to put up with the weight of a double neck, why 2 x . 6 string necks?

Must be for all those open tunings used by the modern shredders

I was looking for the Steinberger tuners on the body, assuming the top neck was a 12 string.
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 376
    Actually, just counted at it's a 7 and a 6...still don't get it...
  • jca74 said:
    Actually, just counted at it's a 7 and a 6...still don't get it...
    Nope, definitely two 6 string necks.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73540
    Definitely two sixes, one hardtail and one Floyd. I’d somehow not seen the extra jack socket on the front before though… WTF?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• normula1normula1 Frets: 650
    I bet the fixed bridge neck is a bugger to tune with the locking nut :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431
    80 views in the last 24 hours and I bet they’re all members of this forum :lol: 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50 said:
    80 views in the last 24 hours and I bet they’re all members of this forum :lol: 
    79 of them are me trying to work out why there’s a weird extra Jack in the centre of the body…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10827
    edited July 26
    I got a 12/6. Love it   Here’s the worst ever photo of it. It was 300’quid mind, from China. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    IMG_8800.jpeg 284.1K
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    viz said:
    I got a 12/6. Love it   Here’s the worst ever photo of it. It was 300’quid mind, from China. 

Hotel California