Rockett Blue note.

markjmarkj Frets: 942
in FX
Quite interested in one of these, have any forum members had experience of the pedal? Would it surpass my Paul Cochrane Timmy?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10022
    edited July 25
    I briefly owned one a few years back. Appeared to be a well put together quality item and, to my ears at least, sounded nice enough but not anything special. I seem to recall it lacking somewhat in the mids department even with the ‘fat’ knob turned up. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2451
    I owned the Blue Note version with the hot switch, not the slimmed down Tour version. I've not owned a Timmy so can't compare. I really liked the Blue Note, which particularly suited my ES335. I sold it 4 years ago but my recollection is that it was a fairly transparent bluesy O/D at lower gain settings which, with gain increased and the mids boosted with the hot switch, could take it beyond TS and towards Dumble sounds.

I think my feeling at the time was that it suited humbucker-equipped guitars, particularly the 335, more than S/C-equipped guitars but ymmv.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1677
    Used to have one of the original and it was absolutely great for lower gain overdrive duties. I recall it had a lovely kind of woody drive sound that just seemed very natural and pleasing. Only sold it because I didn't really like the old enclosure but would definitely look at a tour edition if was after that sound. Brett Kingman's demos I think were very similar to my experience with it.

Their Animal pedal is superb as well.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9960
    I had an original and really liked it.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 942
    I had an original and really liked it.
    What did you replace it with?