NPD - Line 6 M5

NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
edited July 25 in FX
Heard lots of good things about this Line 6 modeller. I'm only really going to use it for modulation, delays and reverb as I am super happy with my ODs. Just gotta work out this midi foreign language thing so I can control it with Boss ES5 for super duper stuff.  

I've plugged a Roland EV5 expression pedal in to control some of the effects. 

Any M5 users out there?

Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5245
    Yep. I think you've got it in its ideal partnership there with the ES-5 because you can move the M5 around the signal chain and put it in the right spot for whatever effect you want to use. The HX One solves this somewhat with the dual mono pre/post thing, but the ES-5 is more flexible still.

This guy's videos were a big part of my decision to get an M5 (I've got two...) and they're full of fun ideas.

You can use the assign function on the ES-5 in place of an expression pedal, which lets you do things you can't easily do with the pedal, like applying an LFO to a parameter on the M5, or toggling between fast and slow Leslie modes, or between two pitch shift intervals... Helps make the most of the limited number of preset slots.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FezFez Frets: 556
    I bought one second hand a few years ago and found it very noisy and not too easy to use live. Recently bought an HX1 which is much better. I am using it 4 cable with a Laney loud pedal. The FX models in both pedals are really good, I also need to enter the world of midi to get more control.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
    I reckon that video influenced a lot of M5 and ES5 sales.

Hope he has shares in both companies! 

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
    Fez said:
    I bought one second hand a few years ago and found it very noisy and not too easy to use live. Recently bought an HX1 which is much better. I am using it 4 cable with a Laney loud pedal. The FX models in both pedals are really good, I also need to enter the world of midi to get more control.
    Funny enough I may do the same in the near future.  

flanging_fed “