SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson L5 CES 2002 (need a 4x4 or Estate!)

What's Hot
streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1642
As per title I could use a 4x4/estate v soon - so part trade possible! 

Hutchins era sunburst, lovely flame. Scarce since Gibson closed their Archtop division. In the UK I've not seen one go for less than 10k. I saw one *Blonde, peculiarly, as low as 8.5k which is what I'll price this at. 
(*there's one with lacquer cracks on ebay now for 8.8 if you're a gentleman).

Condition is pretty good. A few minor dinks on the top side - but not prominent and hard to capture on my camera. A really small mark or two on the upper top. Fretboard has some faint indentations here and there from what I'm guessing are fret protectors used during a polish. Could be from a capo but I doubt it - why go that high on an Archtop??

All pictured anyway. See album.

Sound Well, it's an L5. :)
Unfortunately that also means Archtop so you'll be driving yourself insane trying to work out the slight buzz, putting loctite on a pickguard screw, then hearing a different rattle. I just ignore it and plug it in.  =)

Original case is present. Set of Thomastik Bebop 12's included. If you're not comfortable with restringing and intonating I will happily do it for you. (and when I say happily, I mean reluctantly). 

Happy to deliver. It will have to be via securus, double boxed. Will discuss who pays what after getting the quote. If it's reasonable enough I will cover it. 

thanks for looking,
Steve. 

(I'm near Belfast btw).

Link to more pics:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/rkdGr1Z

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeWjoeW Frets: 526
    Am biased - but they really don’t get better than an L5 - (unless you want to shred obvs)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom