The "Schecter" Tele build so far

HaychHaych Frets: 5880
After the estimated selling price of Knopfler's guitars were blown out of the ocean I decided I was going to build a tribute guitar - it won't be an exact replica (a few bits were my own spec), but I'm doing my best to keep it looking as close to the original thing as possible.

It started off life as a body and neck built by our very own @GSPBASSES - Graham did a superb job and if anyone wants parts making then I could not recommend him enough.

The body and neck were immediately immediately sent for paint so until last weekend I've been waiting for Rich Rendell to do his thing and despite his own misgivings about black guitars never looking perfect, it looks perfect!

I ordered a few bits from Armstrong Music this week and have started bolting it together.  I'm still waiting on pickups from Germany and a few other bits from various places, but it's starting to look a bit like a guitar.  Pickups won't be here until second week in August so I'm twiddling my thumbs a bit until then, but I'll update the thread as and when progress happens.

If anyone is worried about me building a fake guitar, there is a transfer under the paint on the back of the headstock which states it's a replica and not a genuine Schecter.

If this one goes well I may one day do a replica of Knopfler's sunburst Dream Machine

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 416
    edited 1:27PM
    Very nice - love a black top guitar - this looks born to rock. Good luck with the rest of the build. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    edited 1:53PM
    Should’ve used a ‘Haycter’ decal instead l, but otherwise very cool!