SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT feeler: Yamaha SG for a Tele / ASAT / T-type

What's Hot
close2uclose2u Frets: 997
edited November 2014 in Guitars £
Yamaha SG400. 
The first 'proper' electric guitar I ever bought ... saved up for ages from a Saturday job when at school / 6th form.  Huge sentimental value.  To me its worth cannot be measured.  To others it'll just be a fine guitar with a commensurate market value.  But the thing is, I don't play it.  And I have real GAS for a Telecaster of some description.

This is a really rare version of the Yamaha SG.  Research suggests they were not made for very long and were only made for the European market.  It is a 1982 model - MIJ  naturally - and is in superb condition.  It comes with the hard case I originally bought it with (not a Yamaha hard case .. a generic tan one).  I bought it new in 1982 from Windows in Newcastle upon Tyne.  It is in superb condition mainly because:
1] I take great care of it
2] It lives in a hard case safe from harm
3] I have not played it all that much (and never out of the house).

Specification: Yamaha SG400
Made in Japan 1982
Colour: Cherry Red
Body : Maple/Mahogany
Set-Neck : Mahogany
Fingerboard : Rosewood 22 frets
Pickups : Open Humbuckers (ferrite) x2
Control : Front volume, Rear volume, Front tone, Rear tone 3-way Toggle Switch
Gold hardware
Scale length : 628mm
Nut width : 43mm
Radius : 350mm
Weight : 3.9kg
Total length : 993.8mm
Total width : 320.0mm

Further information from Yamaha UK:
"The SG400 line was introduced as an entry into Yamaha's top of the line SG range. These guitars kept the same design of their more expensive older brothers but were offered as more of a stripped down version. For example the SG400 comes with a rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays compared to the SG1000/2000 etc. which ship with ebony fingerboard. Unlike the SG1000/2000 it does not have coil taps. It does not have a scratch plate. These guitars were loved for their stripped down rock 'n' roll approach. The SG400 features the same set-in neck as the SG1000. It is only the SG2000 which features the through neck (one piece) and sustain plate. Having set-in type neck joint achieves a sound with a more pronounced bass and mid-range - which is another reason why it is so loved by rock guitarists."

Note - the photos - ain't it always the way - don't show the subtle woodgrain under the colour.  This is not a plain cherry-red but a transparent one with grain showing through.

Photo slideshow - 43 pics

http://s234.photobucket.com/user/chaucer73/slideshow/Yamaha SG400

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments