SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tech 21 British Character sansamp pedal. Mint. Boxed.

What's Hot
stevehsteveh Frets: 275
edited September 9 in FX £
Getting rid of some bits and bobs - Bought this new a few years back and actually preferred it to an Axe-FX 1 (mainly due to option paralysis with the latter!). Used it for recording into a DAW but it's not been touched since I started using plugins, so time to go. Read the reviews - it's phenomenal; real Marshall type plexi / JCM 800 tones. This is the version 1 without cab sim defeat. Mint. Boxed etc. £60 posted NOW £50 or can deliver London / Nottingham. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50656557153_6d0b47b72a_k.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pmed
  • Scratch that sorry. Just saw the no sim cancel bit 
  • VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 342
    £60????……give away !!!
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 275
    £60????……give away !!!
    Cheers mate but still here - price drop to £50, posted!
    Bump - £50
  • cowie86cowie86 Frets: 25
    Sales on this forum fascinate me sometimes. SansAmps were getting phenomenal reviews from pros decades before modelling arrived, and the Character Series (even v1 without the cab sim defeat button) are really exceptional sounding pedals. They're so easy to adjust on the fly and between songs that it's almost more practical than having something with presets. And it's mint condition, and boxed, and has the paperwork. Various Marshall amp sounds in incredible quality, good enough for stage, good enough to record, in the front pocket of your gig bag FOR FIFTY QUID!?
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1769
    edited September 21
    @cowie86 - Not interested then?  =)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    edited September 21
    cowie86 said:
    Sales on this forum fascinate me sometimes. SansAmps were getting phenomenal reviews from pros decades before modelling arrived, and the Character Series (even v1 without the cab sim defeat button) are really exceptional sounding pedals. They're so easy to adjust on the fly and between songs that it's almost more practical than having something with presets. And it's mint condition, and boxed, and has the paperwork. Various Marshall amp sounds in incredible quality, good enough for stage, good enough to record, in the front pocket of your gig bag FOR FIFTY QUID!?
    Haha - I'll pay you later mate!

Seriously, I was one of the first in the UK to get an Axe-FX years ago but returned it because I genuinely preferred this. As you say, FAR simpler to dial in a sound, that sound is great, and I found I was twiddling knobs all the time on the Fractal. There was something really direct and raw about the sound of this I liked - much less "hi-fi". Once you factor in the cost of the Axe-FX, it was no contest. These days I use Neural Soldano on a Mac, so no use for pedals etc. if you're a bedroom hero. I bought this from the States for x3 what I'm asking now.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1769
    They are fun things and very useful - one of the unjustified casualties of the digital revolution imo. I for one love the simplicity of em. It's a bargain alright.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Provisionally SOLD but pending the usual.

Thanks for the positive comments about these guys - I used this this afternoon through headphones are it really is tremendous fun - really analogue and throaty; the controls (especially "Character") are insanely sensitive across a small sweep.