SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

selling a Fender Blacktop Jaguar questions

What's Hot
Hello everyone x 
I'm selling a Fender Blacktop Jaguar that's really nice aside from a small dent in the body. I'll take pictures and everything, when that's appropriate, but I'm just checking to see if I'm allowed to post it for sale in here? I don't use the forum. I've got several guitars but have never actually sold one of them, and am just hoping a guitar forum might be a better place to find a nice home for the guitar rather than ebay or something. Plus I hate ebay. So I'm in the right place, right? And can put it up? I've read the rules for posting classifieds but it doesn't say anything about whether or not you have to be an active user. Thanks in advance xx

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1646
    Go for it mate - we all like looking at pictures anyway. Price, pics and location will help.
  • Look up the average completed listing price on eBay for your guitar. If you sold it there that is what you'd get, less about 10%. Also check gumtree prices. It is now free to list with a fixed price on eBay which might not be a bad idea with local collection only, so you don't have to do anything other than make the listing! To increase your legitimacy on here I'd comment on a few things first and get a few frets, people can be a little nervous about buying from a first time poster!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Forum admin here - don't worry, we don't have any restrictions on who can use the classifieds, except that we don't like businesses using it as a free way of making money.

It would, however, be nice if you stuck around and got involved :)
    <space for hire>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Did we drop the initiation where they have to Youtube themselves dancing naked covered in pig entrails?
  • axisus said:
    Did we drop the initiation where they have to Youtube themselves dancing naked covered in pig entrails?
    Yes, on the basis that there are some things you can't unsee.
    <space for hire>
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    edited November 2014
    Sell me it. I'm looking for a Blacktop Jag. Humbuckers?
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
     It is now free to list with a fixed price on eBay which might not be a bad idea with local collection only, so you don't have to do anything other than make the listing!
    Oh, good shout - didn't know that!
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Into archery @justoneguitar? Me too if so! Good luck with the sale anyhow. :)
  • IanSavage said:
     It is now free to list with a fixed price on eBay which might not be a bad idea with local collection only, so you don't have to do anything other than make the listing!

me neither, wisdom for @littlethoughts
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • IanSavage said:

me neither, wisdom for @littlethoughts
    Yes it is something I've taken advantage of recently. I sold my Jap strat at a BIN price which was the amount I wanted plus the fees which would be taken off. You can list for a month and it will automatically relist it a couple of times. It ended up selling within a couple of weeks. No hassle, no fuss.