NGD - whoops.

GruGru Frets: 339
I really struggled deciding on this today. I had been watching it all week and in the end decided to go for it, even though I am meant to be scaling down, there is too much fun to be had trying.

New strings, clean, lemon oiled and basic setup and it feels and plays pretty good.

On thing I have loved about my 335 and my old Shine SIL510 was the scale length. It just feels a bit more comfortable and is also a little closer to my little Martin. This guitar also has a 24.75 scale. So all is good.

So here it is, my wannabe PRS (can't really justify the cost of a PRS) A Cort M520 in satin black.

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag268/Shippys/Mobile Uploads/image_zps842c810c.jpg

The person I bought it from was super friendly and I wish I hadn't had my two kids with me as I think we could have talked guitars for a while. Which reminds me, now that I have got an hour free, I will msg and thank him.

And Just for good measure I thought I would throw one in of the 335 seeing as I didn't post a NGD when I got it.

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag268/Shippys/Mobile Uploads/image_zps6263adea.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    They both look awesome. Well done :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1648
    Always wanted to try one of those Corts - suspect they're a great buy on the used market
  • Good GAS. Nothing wrong with Corts. I had a KX5 for a few years and it was a great guitar.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    One of my old shredding pals loves some of them corts ;)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    nice :D
  • Really like that Cort. Its a bit different, but still looks classic. Really cool guitar. 
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    The first one looks a bit like a Baker :)
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    Thanks guys, really glad I took the chance, funny enough the two guitars I needed to move on both provisionally sold unexpectedly this afternoon. so it's worked out quite well, assuming both sales go through. The Korean Strat will be missed, but I am already thinking about saving for a good used Mexican/US standard, but we will see.
    horse said:
    Always wanted to try one of those Corts - suspect they're a great buy on the used market
    You would be correct. I certainly expected it to sell for more, now that I have one in hand. Solid mahogany body and set neck, things like pickups could always be changed, but I will stick with standard stuff first
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    HNGD !
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    tell me about the cort, where is it made, whats the new/used price of these, it certainly looks an interesting guitar.
    Cort M520 Spec below

Made in Indonesia, and assuming I have read the serial correctly mine is made in 08.

Currently new price is £299, yesterday I paid £100. If it had been sold in a shop inagine it would have been sold as shop soiled. The only mark is around the lower edge of the body by the binding, so got a great deal.

Hardware is all fine and could always upgrade if necessary.

CONSTRUCTION: Set-in
    BODY: Mahogany
    NECK: Mahogany
    BINDING: Red Ivory
    FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 12" Radius(305mm)
    FRETS: 22 / Large (2.7mm)
    SCALE: 24 3/4" (629mm)
    INLAY: White Dot
    TUNERS: Die cast
    BRIDGE: TonePros Lic. Bridge & Tailpiece
    PICKUPS: ClassicRocker-90 CR90IVA-F & CR90IVA-R (H-H)
    ELECTRONICS: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3way toggle
    HARDWARE: CR (Chrome)
    STRINGS: D'addario EXL110(046-010)

COLORS:
    M520 BKS - Black Satin
    M520 TAB - Tobacco Burst
  • Nice. I fancied a Cort MGM/ Matt Murphy. I saw Matt live once and he was rather good ( he's the guitarist in the Blues Brothers who isn't Steve Cropper). http://img.audiofanzine.com/image.php?lang=en&identifier=id&size=normal&module=product&product_id=14442
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    The Epiphone is a lovely guitar and while the colour isn't my taste, well done on getting a very nice guitar but the Cort...............
    WOW !

and for £100 !!!

Seriously well done and seriously enjoy that feeling every time you play it.

Great guitar at a bloody bargain price.

Very Happy New Guitar(s) Day.
    I imagine the colour of the 335 is quite marmite. It was an apparently very limited run in 2003. I've only seen a picture of 2 others. But I love it and like the fact it isn't just a standard colour. It also features Gibson 57 classic and 57 classic plus pickups, which at £90 each was hard to pass up, grover tuners too, add the cost of the case and the guitar body and neck felt like they were almost free, crazy! Stuff

The Cort, I was pretty surprised that only I bid on it. It is certainly quite weighty being mahogany and a bargain. :-)
  • Nice one, some serious NGD ogling to be had this week!
  • Very nice guitar! I very nearly got a Cort M600 when I was looking for a prs style guitar. I couldn't try one and I came across a Greg Bennett UM4 (your guess is as good as mine) which is actually one of the nicest guitars I have ever played so I got that instead! Always been curious about the corts since though!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!