Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

For sale descriptions that make you chuckle

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
edited November 2014 in Off Topic
I like this one ..

"Condition is heavy relic but not an additional scratch or ding on it."
If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It a well known fact that non-original damage greatly devalues Relics....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    edited November 2014
    "I want a twin HB rock guitar, but nothing pointy"... ;)

Just noticed that's more a wanted thing, so here's another more appropriate one:

"2007 Squier Affinity Strat, plays and sounds better than any Mexican/US Standard/Custom Shop Strat..."

And...

"Pro quality custom shop luthier built guitar - £75 ono"...
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10412
    Anything sold by MD Phillips.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2449
    "Hands down one of the best guitars I've owned, I just fancy something a bit different."
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    beed84;407609" said:
    "Hands down one of the best guitars I've owned, I just fancy something a bit different."
    Always strikes me as a dumb thing to put in an ad, I've sold a couple of "the best x type guitar I've ever played" in my time, but they were sold to pay the mortgage, not to buy something else
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12514
    beed84 said:
    Yeah those, and the ones that say "the best sounding amp/guitar/pedal I've ever owned". So why are you selling it then?
    underdog said:
    beed84;407609" said:
    Always strikes me as a dumb thing to put in an ad, I've sold a couple of "the best x type guitar I've ever played" in my time, but they were sold to pay the mortgage, not to buy something else
    Indeed.  If a guitar is one of the best a player has had, why on earth would they want to part with it?  But yes, if needs must (such as mortgage etc) then fair doos.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    beed84 said:
    underdog said:
    beed84;407609" said:
    Indeed.  If a guitar is one of the best a player has had, why on earth would they want to part with it?  But yes, if needs must (such as mortgage etc) then fair doos.

Why is it so wrong?  I could be selling a perfect example of a strat, it could be the best guitar I have ever owned.  but it might also be true that I don't get along with strats even when its a perfect one.   

I feel this way about a lot of PRS, Suhr, andersons etc...  I can see the high quality near perfection... but they are not generally for me.  Doesn't mean i wouldn't buy one  in a silly moment.... and then later sell it saying (truthfully) how nice an example it is
  • When people want to "get back what i paid on this".
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    PolarityMan;407702" said:
    When people want to "get back what i paid on this".
    Nothing wrong with that I'd say
    WezV said:
    beed84 said:
    underdog said:
    beed84;407609" said:

Why is it so wrong?  I could be selling a perfect example of a strat, it could be the best guitar I have ever owned.  but it might also be true that I don't get along with strats even when its a perfect one.   

I feel this way about a lot of PRS, Suhr, andersons etc...  I can see the high quality near perfection... but they are not generally for me.  Doesn't mean i wouldn't buy one  in a silly moment.... and then later sell it saying (truthfully) how nice an example it is
    It's not wrong, just ironic. As is saying, I don't get on with strats but the strat is perfect.  I suppose it's more about the best guitar a person has owned and played, not just appreciating the quality and craftsmanship of a guitar they've owned.
  • "Only bought it yesterday but have left the death-metal band I was in and have joined a rockabilly band. Would consider trade for Gretsch".
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    My favourite eBay header descriptions are those that say simply 'electric guitar', sometimes even for decent quality gear where the seller really ought to know better.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited November 2014
    "Case Candy"
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    "Includes an electrical device to amplify sound"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    "Two new strings fitted."

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    jellyroll said:
    "Case Candy"
    What's wrong with that? Important for a Fender CS!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I saw an eBay guitar once and the description started with:

"I bought this from America and it took 3 weeks to arrive"
  • "still has original strings"

:(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Hello, I think this is in the wrong section, please put it in classifieds and if you want to sell, you're going to have to add a price.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?