New radio station Positively / positivity Radio Free , no news no ad’s

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1769
    Just moving on from the Noel bashing - with no adds how does this service make any money 

Does it have to make money?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFish said:
    Just moving on from the Noel bashing - with no adds how does this service make any money 

Put it another way: how does it cover its overheads?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16657
    Keiko said:
    It's a start, might give it a listen. Be nice to have a radio station that you don't have to manually switch off for 2 minutes on the hour, every hour, just to avoid your brain being pummelled with "a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder".

I would still rather just listen to spotify though. Music and nothing else. It's the only way to get away from all the bollocks in the media.

That station might not have news, but I would bet good money the DJ's will be rabbiting on about the same trending bollocks that can be found in the news media and social media.
    When I was in Germany I found a radio station that played mostly 1980s music. The alternatives being classical or dance music. I have very little spoken German so all the in-between record bits where lost on me. It was interesting that you can sort of still follow the news because it occupies the same time slots with the same kind of jingles as any UK radio station but all I gathered was that Kamala Harris and Trump had been doing something but I didn't have to worry about what that was. 

I have a very long winded Noel story but the short version is that the drummer in my band was obsessed with Deal or No Deal. Never missed a second of it, spent a small fortune on an online version. He got to go on the show. Having met Noel and finding him to be a complete arsehole he never watched the show again. I suppose you could spin that as 'Noel Edmonds uses cosmic ordering to save drummer from gambling addiction.' 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1769
    Thats why I listen to Radio X. 
    Radio X, with Chris Moyles?
    GoFish said:

Put it another way: how does it cover its overheads?

Maybe it's in the distribution phase, trying to build a wide userbase, guiding them to the app, from where they get those sweet sweet unique user engagments, ready for the big buy out? They boast over 1000  (internet) radio stations.

I've just checked and it's based in the UAE. So covereing overheads may be less pressing in the short to medium term.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1118

Oi, Edmund's, Noooooo!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom