BYOC closing down

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
Announced yesterday apparently. Very sad - a lot of us got our building start with those guys. I still have my compressor and wah 
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1779
    Gutting to hear if that's the case. Was the place many of us started.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That's sad. I think the DIY scene is very different to what it was when BYOC started- lots more competition, lots of places offering clones of the flavour of the month pedals and managing to put out more stuff more quickly than BYOC. Or maybe he's just retiring for a well earned rest.
    BYOC still has the best "total N00b" instructions out of anyone, and the Reverb prices will have to go through the roof before I part with the five or so BYOC pedals I've got.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LukeFRCLukeFRC Frets: 12
    That's sad. I think the DIY scene is very different to what it was when BYOC started- lots more competition, lots of places offering clones of the flavour of the month pedals and managing to put out more stuff more quickly than BYOC. Or maybe he's just retiring for a well earned rest.
    BYOC still has the best "total N00b" instructions out of anyone, and the Reverb prices will have to go through the roof before I part with the five or so BYOC pedals I've got.
    This. 
    More flavour of the month stuff, in smaller enclosures* and standardised approaches. 

*1590b or 125b  - 1590a is great but I'm not convinced it's where most ppl doing diy turn first... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    I haven't a pedal for a good while but BYOC was my first port of call. Sad to hear he is shutting up shop.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom