Help! Two Notes Captor x vs Victory V4 with Two Notes

What's Hot
Not sure if 'm in the right category but here goes.

I am in two bands who could not be more opposite. One is a pub band that uses amps and the other is a function band that is self imposed silent stage (albeit with an acoustic drummer). I cannot get on with in ears so get my mix though a wedge.

For me noting compares to using valves amps. The nuance in my playing and the way I can control dynamics with a valve amp is different league to digital where personally I can feel as though I'm dialling it in sometimes. I get the, "it doesn't matter in a mix" argument, the crowd doesn't care and agree...but valves just hit different. I want to get as close as I can to replicating the feel I get in my pub band with the function band.

I was thinking would hooking a two notes captor x to my head get me closer to the feel of valve amps even through a monitor? Secondly as I use an SV20, would a Sheriff V4 amp work with the Two Notes tech be any different to amp + two notes?

Anyone have experience of either/or/both?

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Different amps, so hard to really know, but experience was similar with two notes rack unit & JCM800 vs Victory Jack amp v4
  • birtnerbirtner Frets: 70
    Hey thanks for responding. Did you get a better feel than from a modeller? (If you have something to compare it to)
  • birtner said:
    Hey thanks for responding. Did you get a better feel than from a modeller? (If you have something to compare it to)
    Never used a modeller, sorry.
  • https://axiomeffects.com/products/power-amp-emulator-pae-2

I’ve only read good things about this when used with preamps and IR loaders (quite a bit of discussion on the Gear Page). I’m on the waiting list for one myself.
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 200
    edited September 22
    Hi @birtner ;

I have had a similar experience, I had to use a HX Stomp setup with in-ears and didn’t really enjoy it. It was quite rushed to get the setup sorted so may have had better luck with more time etc. Through a Powerstage 170 and cab, it sounds and feels great.

I’m the same as you, I much prefer the feel of a valve amp, it just seems to interact better with my playing. I can vouch for the Captor x working really well, just feels great and sounds excellent.

I can also vouch for the Victory V4 preamps (I have a Sheriff and Copper) with a Two Notes Cab M, which is basically the Captor X without load box, so great for pedals.

I haven’t tried the V4 amp versions, however can imagine it’ll sound great, although the feel may be different due to the solid state amp. The valve preamps are done really well, feel and sound excellent.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Vince
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom