New Reverend Greg Koch S-type….

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 4507
Will divide opinion, but I think it looks bloody great…

https://reverendguitars.com/guitars/greg-koch-signature-gristle-st/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don’t get it. Greg has such righteous taste in guitars (as demonstrated by his Wildwood clips, and his collection), but I’ve never picked up a Reverend I like. Horses for courses, of course. Maybe I’m missing something. But this doesn’t look appealing either. Definitely a Strat that don’t got my tongue. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Greg Koch's product demonstration videos for Wildwood Guitars are very much sales promotions with a smattering of the man's humour thrown in. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Greg Koch's product demonstration videos for Wildwood Guitars are very much sales promotions with a smattering of the man's humour thrown in. 
    Yes, I know that, but there are also videos where he is choosing guitars for himself. He goes through his guitar selection process. 
    I must have managed to avoid those ones.  :)
  • I’ll leave it here in case anyone’s interested: https://youtu.be/W0eTh5oF2U4?si=XEo5C-hV6wfDaa8l
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3037
    I've always thought the original Strat scratch plate design actually enhanced the look of the guitar, unlike the majority of designs which either do little or even detract from the look of the guitar. On this Strat, the scratch plate really isn't helping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    He kind of locked himself in with the original Gristlemaster design - larger bodies, firebird mixed with tele, etc etc.

It's interesting that the launch video with Ken Haas from Reverend yesterday focused more on the pickups than the guitar or the feel of the guitar itself.

It's obvious he would do a Strat type guitar but I don't think it's very inspiring. I think the tele-type Gristlemaster and the Gibson type Gristle 90 with the p90s and the bigsby are much more interesting.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    I'm fairly indifferent to the design but that avocado finish is truly revolting. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 14034
    I like it.  Especially in the pale daphne blue.  Any idea on price?
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    I recently tried a gristlemaster p90. I thought it was a great guitar especially for the price 2nd hand, I couldn’t get on with the binding on the neck but that’s due to the way I play more than the guitar.

really good neck carve, pickups sounded really good. Now looking out for his T style at a “good” price 2nd hand , only thing I will change will be to get the edges rolled on the fretboard and that’s it.

• KevSKevS Frets: 628
    I quite like the Snot Burst..
    Avacado Burst is reminiscent of Burns. Maybe, its pickups should have black covers like the ol' Rez-o-Matic.
  • It's like a Fender Paranormal.
    I don't mind the Daphne Blue but i really can't stand guitars where the gaps around the pickups are visible. Don't care what the practical reason is for these gaps, everything else on the guitar is flush against the wood, the pickups should be as well. 
  • KevSKevS Frets: 628
    Avacado Burst is reminiscent of Burns. Maybe, its pickups should have black covers like the ol' Rez-o-Matic.
    Works better on this guitar I think..
    https://www.peachguitars.com/reverend-set-neck-series-warhawk-daw-avocado-burst-rosewood.htm?opt=51362&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3bm3BhDJARIsAKnHoVU_MyQMu3GMZeBlFWNvLw-4Gj3sB6EUslpq2q9WnWHZin00yT7cp6waAictEALw_wcB
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    Offset said:
    Close to £2k with case id imagine.
    LPManic said:
    Offset said:
    If so there's waaaaaaaay too much desirable competition at that price.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1780
    Reverend's signature models  do look pretty tasty but I'd prefere the Gristlemaster or even the Dirtbike over this.  They seem to really add value by doing something different that I'd like. Why oh why aren't their necks a bit fuller?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Just watched the demo as I wondered if the lack of scratch plate where the pickups are regularly screwed in make a difference to the sound. Doesn’t seem to, but it does have some snazzy features. 

• LewyLewy Frets: 4507
    Offset said:
    LPManic said:
    Offset said:
    I’d be staggered if they were that much. £1500 tops I reckon and probably more like £1350. 
    Lewy said:
    Offset said:
    LPManic said:
    Offset said:
    I’d be staggered if they were that much. £1500 tops I reckon and probably more like £1350. 
    Hopefully someone like Trogly, Phil McKnight or The Guitar Geek will reoview in due course.