Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so angry right now... People should NOT be bullied because of what they wear...

What's Hot
1131415161719»

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2014
    Out of interest if a man and a woman meet, both drink heavily and sex occurs the woman either cannot recall giving consent or was deemed too intoxicated to give consent but sex occurs then the man could be prosecuteable for rape.  What however happens if both participants are men?  Has there ever been a case of a gay man being prosecuted for having drunk sex with another gay man who either does not recall giving consent or when it could be argued that he was too inebriated to give consent?

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some really disturbing views on display here.

Giving a man a hard time for wearing an inappropriate shirt in a TV interview - unacceptable.

Raping someone - acceptable as long as you've both got a few beers in you.

Jesus wept.
    The thing is, nobody's actually said that. The fact that you're choosing to read that into it either means you're struggling with reading comprehension (unlikely) or deliberately trying to be offended.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Some really disturbing views on display here.

Giving a man a hard time for wearing an inappropriate shirt in a TV interview - unacceptable.

Jesus wept.
    No one said that. You idiot. You absolute fucking idiot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2014

Jesus wept.
    OMG so what you are saying is that all men are potential rapists, especially when exposed to alcohol, and that Dr Matt Taylor should face public execution?

Edit - Apologies I think I may have ignored the finer details and any sense of reasoning in order to create a shock angle on your point.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

Jesus wept.
    OMG so what you are saying is that all men are potential rapists, especially when exposed to alcohol, and that Dr Matt Taylor should face public execution?

Edit - Apologies I think I may have ignored the finer details and any sense of reasoning in order to create a shock angle on your point.
    No, what he's saying is that ... that a man on TV should wear an appropriate shirt OR or he is in effect commiting a crime comparable with rape MULTIPLIED BY the DIFFERENCE between the remorseful man on TV and the unremorseful convicted celebrity rapist who's been punished by society and should be rehabilitated (unless we're saying the judicial system needs an overhaul in which case WTF cares about a shirt) DIVIDED by the number idiots who think Godwins law could never be repeated for anyone other than A-man Hizzle.

When we're done bending over and accepting the fist of righteousness, I actually think we'll be saying "THAT'S NOT YOUR WORD THAT'S OUR WORD, YOU CAN'T SAY THAT" for the words: man, britain, english, male and masculine - because they'll ave been utterly reappropriated by several conspiracies of ass-hats.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankus said:

Jesus wept.

No, what he's saying is that ... that a man on TV should wear an appropriate shirt OR or he is in effect commiting a crime comparable with rape MULTIPLIED BY the DIFFERENCE between the remorseful man on TV and the unremorseful convicted celebrity rapist who's been punished by society and should be rehabilitated (unless we're saying the judicial system needs an overhaul in which case WTF cares about a shirt) DIVIDED by the number idiots who think Godwins law could never be repeated for anyone other than A-man Hizzle.

When we're done bending over and accepting the fist of righteousness, I actually think we'll be saying "THAT'S NOT YOUR WORD THAT'S OUR WORD, YOU CAN'T SAY THAT" for the words: man, britain, english, male and masculine - because they'll ave been utterly reappropriated by several conspiracies of ass-hats.
    I've just chalked all this out on a blackboard Frank and it's looks spot on to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28012
    edited November 2014
    frankus said:

When we're done bending over and accepting the fist of righteousness...
    Man, I have to find a way to use that one in conversation. Soon.
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    frankus said:

When we're done bending over and accepting the fist of righteousness...
    Man, I have to find a way to use that one in conversation. Soon.
    I don't think it's polite to just randomly (and righteously) fist someone during a conversation.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    needs a bit more Feminist Mornington Cresent in the equation or you end up with a Singularity of Political Correctness rather akin to Big Brother's Doublethink but more of a hyperset of all possible culpabilities.

Imagine a student union peopled entirely by feminists who've worked together for long enough for their periods to align, and they were all out on the piss the night before and one of them was cheeked by someone from the rugby club and the rest had to support her even though they'd rather have gone to another club where the DJ is a sub-saharan hermafrodite merperson...

now times that by the biggest number you can think of and you're beginning to imagine how inhospitable a Political Correctness Singularity is. Seriously the center of a blackhole is beer and skittles by comparison.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28012
    edited November 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    I don't think it's polite to just randomly (and righteously) fist someone during a conversation.
    By definition, however, it would be right.
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_fx said:
    By definition, however, it would be right.
    The question then is simply WWJD?  Would Jesus do what's right or what's polite?  I think we all no the answer so next time the local priest gets all judgemental just remind him of what Jesus may have actually had to get up to in the name of what's right.