Saying Hi.

What's Hot
Just a quick hello to everyone.
I'm Graham Muir of Raygun Relics and I guess this is the section I'll mostly be following.Hopefully I can share some knowledge I've learnt (mainly through trial and error) and maybe lessen in a small way some of the grief and head-scratching of fellow modders.I'm sure I'll learn a huge amount also.

I'd like to say a special hello to Jooky Mark who,as many of you know is one of the most unselfish,kind-hearted souls on the planet.Take care.

Cheers.Graham.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    Seen some of your stuff Graham and it's superb. Glad to see you here. Jooky is out of the building at the moment but I echo your sentiments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Excellent, another Knowledge Head for us lot to watch and exploit! Great stuff, and welcome Graham.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Welcome @GrahamM - looking forward to the knowledge sharing!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Welcome aboard!
  • Hello!

You've had some work showcased here. It's awesome!

Agreed re Jooky, too. Looking forward to getting him back, a wonderful man is Jooky, who first got me into partscastering a couple of years ago on musicradar.
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    Hullo.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6329
    tFB Trader
    Howdy
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Thanks.

Frankus on this forum kindly sent a Bass VI up to have the Woodtone finish stripped and refinished in blue.

So first bit of knowledge I can contribute is that Woodtone is not too difficult to sand back to clean wood. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Welcome aboard dude. Pint of Stella while you're at the bar please chief.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    GrahamM said:
    Frankus on this forum kindly sent a Bass VI up to have the Woodtone finish stripped and refinished in blue.

aah - you're the one responsible for that absolutely stunning thing. Please post some more examples of your work!

• I'm sure searching Google images will drag up the good,the bad and the ugly examples (and good ugly ;-).

Here's a close up of a mod that may be of interest though.
    The guitar is an SG Junior copy that usually has a Mojo P90 installed (it has a Mojo wiring loom.)
    Personally that's all I need-keep it simple.
    Doesn't stop me from tinkering though so in goes a cheap Tiesco(?) pickup.It's a lowly 3.7k,dull and weak sounding but raising it so it almost touches the strings brings out it's potential when cranked.As a low-fi gnarly one trick pony it works surprisingly well.

Hopefully you can see in the picture the faint outline drawn around the dog-ear pickup cover.The cavity "lobes" were enlarged very slightly to accept the Tiesco pickup mounts.So it was a worthwhile experiment and easily reversed.

Hope this helps fellow modders.Thanks.

photo 83c551d1-f0df-4c70-8f1d-c3ca92dc24e8_zps21e3b1c3.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Hi @GrahamM, welcome to the forum. To be honest, I first saw your work on this thread:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/25093/raygun-relics-incredible-work

and after I'd seen Jooky mention you on his blog - I knew what I was going to do :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • A heartfelt thanks for the warm welcome.
    I'm not sure which feels most embarrassing- all the praise or the picture of me gurning in the cluttered back room :-)