Just thinking aloud

What's Hot

Walkers Worcester Sauce crisps have never tasted the same since they reissued them a while back.  And this Mars bar, have they got smaller while the price has gone up.

You? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Aren't policemen looking younger these days?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98

Aha, that explains it then.

"When challenged, Mars UK initially claimed the switch to smaller sizes was designed to help tackle the nation's obesity crisis. 

Strangely, this altruistic move was never advertised"

Dammit, I should have known they were only thinking of our health. Thanks Mars UK. ;)

• And I reckon Wagon Wheels have gone from 225/50 x 16 to a more miserly 205/50 x 15.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I miss Spangles. :(
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    They were kind of like cough sweets, but nice.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Wagon wheels are scooter wheels now? 

0_o 

One thing I know has changed for the worse - Smarties!

E-numbered originals were yummy-tastic and now they're just bland and boring
  • vizviz Frets: 10827
    I had a friend who had a project as a process engineer for walls, and his job was to reduce the amount of chocolate in the bottom of cornettos.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its not the choc bar getting smaller its you getting bigger :) :p
    viz said:
    I had a friend who had a project as a process engineer for walls, and his job was to reduce the amount of chocolate in the bottom of cornettos.
    He must be rubbish at his job - there's loads of chocolate in cornettos still - yum... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    I imagine that's not the greatest from a job satisfaction perspective. 

"What do you do for a living?"

"I steal happiness from children"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2013
    What if you could harvest that happiness for your own use? Children are often full of happiness they'd be a great source of joy joy feelings
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15985
    viz said:
    I imagine that's not the greatest from a job satisfaction perspective. 

"What do you do for a living?"

"I steal happiness from children"

sorry, your statement makes no sense. He steals joy from children. He gets to see their little faces drop and tears fall from their eyes. I can't imagine a better job.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Myranda said:
    What if you could harvest that happiness for your own use? Children are often full of happiness they'd be a great source of joy joy feelings

Been done in Monsters Inc.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    They only harvested the external happiness... by making them happy - Viz's friend stole happiness... seems it could be more effective
    That's true - better yield.
    And the best bit - give a kid a pretty balloon and suddenly they're filled up with happiness again! Like perpetual motion
    You've not had children have you. :D
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6307
    edited September 2013
    Club Biscuit... what the happened to them? When they first came out the chocolate on them was thicker than an Irish docker's accent.. but the last time I tried one you could have scraped it off with a feather.  I too miss Spangles .. if you sucked them for long enough the middle would dissolved and leave a sharp little hole that you could pop your tongue into... oh hell yes, us kids of the 60s knew how to enjoy ourselves back then  8->
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    The corners are still ok.