SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Wangs vt-15 15 watt valve amp head

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
This is made by Wangs so I suspect it'll be a hard sell. Great little 15 watt amp head with 3 12ax7s and 2xel84, modelled after a Marshall jcm-type circuit. Sounds really good! Low input gives you cleans through to light crunch, high input goes all the way up to JCM800 levels of distortion. Built with high quality components and seems built to last. I never did it because it felt a bit shallow, but if I replaced "Wangs" with a Marshall logo I doubt anyone would have thought twice about it.

Since EH .44 and crate powerblock style amps fall down as gigging backups by being unreliable and sounding a bit bad, this is a great answer - small, lightweight, really good tone and built well enough to cart around as a backup amp.

Stock amp was a little bright at anything other than high gain (as some real JCM800s are) so I cut a bright cap and increased the size of two caps to give a thicker low end.

£50 plus postage, based in Birmingham.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So are you not satisfied with your small wang?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Proud of small but well utilised wangs. It's my huge credit card bill that's bringing me down.

Are you secure enough to pay for Wangs?
    >:)
  • An excellent amp (it's my ex), for £50 as well you surely cannot go wrong. Somebody buy this man's Wangs off him. A good guy, buy with confidence
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    PM'd ;)
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    Still available? Very interested if so. Cheers!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057

That's a very tasty sounding Wang.  If Mark (Photek) or the other chap haven't taken it, I'd certainly be interested in squeexing that little Wang into a suitable crevice (in my guitar room). 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

If I did manage to get in before 4114effects I am looking forward to running it through my fatboy, with a big muff, super hard on playing Greg Koch licks ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wangs. That's like dicks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    photek said:
    If I did manage to get in before 4114effects I am looking forward to running it through my fatboy, with a big muff, super hard on playing Greg Koch licks ;)

Mark - if you did get it, I'll take it when you shift it. The chain of GAS must never be broken - I'm pretty sure that's what Fleetwood Mac said. 

:D

• photek said:
    Make sure you play with all the knobs thoroughly. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    @McToot - I am just waiting to confirm a postage price but it is mine. I will of course keep it in the family when I decide I need a bigger wang. They do a 100 watter now according to the website!
    photek said:
    @McToot - I am just waiting to confirm a postage price but it is mine. I will of course keep it in the family when I decide I need a bigger wang. They do a 100 watter now according to the website!
    With Wangs, it's not the size that counts, it's all in the fingering...

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5228
    edited November 2014
    Remember the computer firm Wang back in the day? They used to answer their customer helpline with 'Hello, Wang Care.' 

Allegedly...
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/