Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Massive Peavey Auction!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Fortheloveofguitar;419924" said:
    Just bagged an At-200 for £80 and a Millenium 5 String bass for £100 from their eBay store.
    What's the store called?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2518
    Fortheloveofguitar;419924" said:
    Just bagged an At-200 for £80 and a Millenium 5 String bass for £100 from their eBay store.
    What's the store called?
    I think it's peaveyuk
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • I went to look round today. Most of the lots was in one warehouse and you needed to walk through another to get to the artist showroom bit upstairs. What I though was weird was how the second warehouse had tons of kit in it not for auction? I reckon a lot of the stuff will have issues, all the Budda amps looked super fresh but on closer inspection you would notice chassis screws missing etc. Some stuff had euro plugs etc I dunno... I'm gonna pass on it all as I have no fixing abilities, just too risky.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6515
    Yes, I went along, too. Seeing the taped-off area full of unused stock that's not in the auction was very annoying. I guess they prefer to sell that stuff through other channels.

The stuff that is up for auction was variable in quality. The chap I asked about how likely the equipment was to be in working order said "don't know". And some of the bits I am interested in have already gone above the sensible bidding level (accounting for the VAT and buyers premium).
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

im starting to think that there is no bargain hunting in this at all.

looking at my wishlist today has really put me off. One 1 line amps, there are some that have bids as high as £280 (still a great price compared to new or second hand) which has met the reserve price...but then there are two others that have reached $110 and £140, but have also met reserve price.

i have a big issue with this, because, although £140 (even plus the fees) is a silly low price, there is no detail as to why one would have a reserve price in the late 200's and another in the early 100's. So the person that wins the amp for £140...is he/she getting a headshell and bunch of knobs? or is the amp just in need of a retube? or does it have slight cosmetic damage??

i get this is probably standard process for auctioneers, but you can't buy in any confidence with these huge unexplained differences in reserve price.