Three nans try weed for the first time

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
    I'm not trying to pick one. If @littlegreenman wants to disagree with me he's entitled to
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5138
    edited November 2014

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
    I'm not trying to pick one. If @littlegreenman wants to disagree with me he's entitled to
    Nor was I, just pointed out my experience was different. Which isn't to say I disagreed, just had different reactions, hence highlighting the "definitely" statement.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • I think it will be de-criminalised soon enough, it has too. People are starting to wise up. Ban alcohol! That stuff really fucks people up.

Cannabis, used responsibly, is an amazing thing. 

For me a nice mix of cannabinoids is a far better thing than just a high THC level. 
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    I think it will be de-criminalised soon enough, it has too. People are starting to wise up. Ban alcohol! That stuff really fucks people up.

For me a nice mix of cannabinoids is a far better thing than just a high THC level. 
    Apart from the odd person in whom it triggers a psychiatric condition of course. Alcohol is just about the most widely used recreational drug, so yes, you see more cases where people have problems. That said they should probably legalise trade and kill off most of the drugs trade, it should not be economically feasible to grow commercial crops in a london flat.
  • "it should not be economically feasible to grow commercial crops in a london flat."

depend on how big you want the business to be. if you're willing to be restricted by lack of space and not benefit from "economies of scale", I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. Unless you have to pay HMG so much for type-approval that you can't physically grow enough to make it worth while. You don't need huge factory space for a microbrewery; I don't see why a small-scale operation in a london flat shouldn't work.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18303
    tFB Trader
    I think it will be de-criminalised soon enough, it has too. People are starting to wise up. Ban alcohol! That stuff really fucks people up.
    I'm not so sure. I think the pendulum is swinging the other way now and a lot of the support among MPs (Lib Dems for example) seems to have evaporated.

A mate of mine is a legal aid lawyer who does a lot of work with people with psychological issues. He was a big smoker and right into the legalize it campaign, but then completely switched sides having worked with loads of people who were schizophrenic, or paranoid wrecks through caning themselves into oblivion. 

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3826
    edited November 2014
    imalone said:

Apart from the odd person in whom it triggers a psychiatric condition of course. Alcohol is just about the most widely used recreational drug, so yes, you see more cases where people have problems. That said they should probably legalise trade and kill off most of the drugs trade, it should not be economically feasible to grow commercial crops in a london flat.
    AS you say it's hard to make a comparison between the two as one is far more widely available and regulated than the other. 

• F10.5 alcohol:[3][4][5] Alcohol is a common cause of psychotic disorders or episodes, which may occur through acute intoxication, chronic alcoholism, withdrawal, exacerbation of existing disorders, or acute idiosyncratic reactions.[6] Research has shown that alcohol abuse causes an 8-fold increased risk of psychotic disorders in men and a 3 fold increased risk of psychotic disorders in women.[7][8] While the vast majority of cases are acute and resolve fairly quickly upon treatment and/or abstinence, they can occasionally become chronic and persistent.[6] Alcoholic psychosis is sometimes misdiagnosed as another mental illness such as schizophrenia.[9]

There are always going to be some that react badly to different things. I've not seen any evidence that cannabis is any worse than anything else. In fact I have seen evidence to suggest that "used responsibly" cannabis can be an affective treatment for some of these things. IMO the benefits should well outweigh the negatives.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    This did make me chuckle.
    Have to admit, I'm kind of on the fence with the legal issue. I was a schmoker years ago, and I don't begrudge anyone who does it. Again that would make me a massive hypocrit......but I understand the dangers behind it. Especially considering the strength and potency of some of the strains. But that could be an abuse issue? Again if you drink a pint of scotch straight. I can't imagine many people would feel too great afterwards.

Trouble is if you make something illegal, people will look for ways around the law. Can't remember the exact name for it. I watched a programme about people who buy chemicals off of the internet and make variants of lsd and mdma.
    Because they change the formula ever so slightly it's a legal loop hole.....until they make that formula illegal. That to me that is scary, kids bundling god knows what together. The  programme showed the after effects as well, people who have ended up in psych wards. Again scary.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Sounds like you all need to blaze a fat one and have a hug.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    It's legal here. Might be why I spent last night watching a fusion of Flamenco, Jazz and Indian music. If madrid is anything to go by loads of cheap weed makes for a healthy music scene. At the Stones gig people just skinned up openly and the whole stadium stunk of Maria. That is how it should be.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Drugs are bad, m'kay.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom