Karaoke

What's Hot
Songs you don't like being performed by people who can't sing.

Discuss.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Harmless fun for those that like it.

I don't, and so avoid it like the plague, that way I don't get affected by it.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Pretty much this. It's not for me but I'm quite happy for others to enjoy themselves.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

It can be fun, for the unsober. It's shite if you are sober though.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

This ^

I'd never try to stop other people enjoying theirselves, but it's not for me.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    It's a bit passé, so it's all the rage in Margate.

• Just come back from my local where I had a really nice meal. They've just started the karaoke. FFS! I don't think I'd find it funny even if I was horribly pissed.
  • Not really a massive fan. The tunes sound like the awful cover versions you hear in places like B&Q.

And as for those who sing... ;)
  • Not really a massive fan. The tunes sound like the awful cover versions you hear in places like B&Q.

And as for those who sing... ;)
    Persactly. If these people could sing, they'd be out fronting a band.
  • So exactly how is Karaoke any different from Jam nights where guitarists re-hash tired old Blues tunes or "classic" guitar tunes?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So exactly how is Karaoke any different from Jam nights where guitarists re-hash tired old Blues tunes or "classic" guitar tunes?
    It's usually done with a live band - real drummer, bass player etc. As such, it's possible for the performance to depart from the original, sometimes in interesting ways. Very often the quality of musicianship is good: the players are experienced in their own bands; the youngsters manage to play in tune and in time even if they're not as flashy as the people who have been doing it for years. Whereas few of the karaoke people can even sing ...
  • So, posh karaoke then? ;)

On the very occasional times I have had to endure karaoke (usually work do), there's often been some pretty talented singers. Still don't like it though.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    It's a bit of fun. I always get bored halfway through the song though.
    My V key is broken
  • So, posh karaoke then? ;)

On the very occasional times I have had to endure karaoke (usually work do), there's often been some pretty talented singers. Still don't like it though.
    Yes, if you like. I think I'd mind it less if the people doing it could sing. And I'd mind it a lot less if the songs weren't such utter drivel.