I can't work out if I like this ebay body or not.

What's Hot
I've seen this listing on eBay for a Polish-made carved tele body. I quite like it, but I can't decide if I'd actually want a guitar that looks like this when it's finished.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16949
    I don't mind it too much, although i would rather have it fitting the body a bit better.   I would prefer it done a bit more detailed, but it is only £60 so that is probably asking a bit much

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    It would look better with a Thinline-style pickguard covering the blank areas.

Actually it would look best with a leather cowhide Thinline-style pickguard :). You could still put the metal control plate over that and it would look OK too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I see what you mean, I almost really like that, I can't quite decide. Looks very good with the aged metal and pickguard. Definitely very intriguing. The danger of posting eBay stuff is that you can interest other people!
    Carving aside...... I really like the colour/finish. Anyone know how that would have been done?
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
    All it needs is a carved leather scratch-plate with brass studs ;)

Actually with a lighter finish it might look quite nice, but as it currently stands it looks like it should be hanging on the wall of a bierkeller.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    axisus said:
    Carving aside...... I really like the colour/finish. Anyone know how that would have been done?
    It looks like dark brown wood stain over a pale-coloured fairly grainless wood.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    axisus said:
    I see what you mean, I almost really like that, I can't quite decide. Looks very good with the aged metal and pickguard. Definitely very intriguing. The danger of posting eBay stuff is that you can interest other people!
    This is exactly where I'm at with it. Also, leather pickguards? Each to their own, but I'll never put leather on a guitar body as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    The carves would rip ya hand to bits. Well, it would the way I play anyhoo.

I like it mind.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    ICBM said:
    axisus said:
    It looks like dark brown wood stain over a pale-coloured fairly grainless wood.

Think so? It kind of looks a bit like shoe polish type substance rubbed in to me?
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    Straight on the fire with it for me...Rancid isn't the word. It reminds me of a crappy old Mirror frame my Gran used to have hanging in her bathroom, it housed a monster spider behind it that terrified me as a child.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    You could chalk paint it, call it shabby chic and sell it on ebay...
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It looks like a headboard off a bed in the wild west cowboy mojo
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10401
    There's a church somewhere missing it's pews.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Looks sort of okay, at the right price..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    I just wanna put some dado rail and coving on it.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1696
    WezV said:
    I don't mind it too much, although i would rather have it fitting the body a bit better.   I would prefer it done a bit more detailed, but it is only £60 so that is probably asking a bit much

Eurgh! Too many saddles!

good job the bridge isn't included  ;)

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2343
    the bridge is probably made from a candelabra.

That is minging.
  • They should lay a pickguard and bridge on top so you can see what it will look like, like MJT do.
    edited November 2014
    They should lay a pickguard and bridge on top so you can see what it will look like, like MJT do.
    they did ???   its in this thread  ???   twice ???