SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Warwick Mahogany Fretless Corvette $$

martmart Frets: 5213
edited January 2014 in Guitars £
For sale here is my 2010 mahogany Warwick Corvette $$ fretless 4-string bass. It's a proper German-made Warwick, one of a special edition of 34, made for a handful of German shops, featuring Bartolini humbuckers and a gorgeous quilted mahogany top. The rest of the body is solid mahogany, and the neck is ovangkol, with an ebony fingerboard. Unlike some Warwicks the neck is a lovely size, not the great tree-trunk that some have! And the feel is great, partly because it has delightfully rolled edges. I've got it strung with Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats which, I find, work really well on a fretless.

More photos on photobucket: 

I bought this bass new, and looked around all the different bodies available to choose the most stunning quilted top I could find. And it really is amazing. The two photos give some idea of how different it can look from different angles and in different lighting. 

Like every $$, the range of sounds is incredible, as each humbucker has a switch allowing it to be run with the coils in parallel, or serial, or to ground one of the coils to give a single coil sound. Plus you have a blend control to determine how much of each pickup contributes to the output. 

The bass has a 2-band preamp, but the pickups are passive, so you can choose to operate without any battery, by pulling on the volume control to bypass the preamp.

Its condition is almost pristine. There is a tiny scratch near the strap peg, maybe 2mm long, and there are a few slightly longer ones near the heel and lower cutaway - I've tried to show these in the photos on the photobucket album. It has been lovingly waxed, and comes with the Warwick user kit including a spare tin of wax. And it comes with the original well padded Warwick gigbag, and a certificate verifying its "special edition" status. I've swapped the original Warwick straplock buttons for Dunlop ones as these are more reliable, and more flexible.

This really is a lovely bass, and exceedingly rare. I'm only selling because I've got too many basses and this has less sentimental value to me than the others. So take the opportunity to grab a very special instrument! It can be yours for £700 plus postage. (Price edited Oct 10th)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5213
    Bump for the most beautiful bass on the most amazing guitar forum! ;)
  • Is this still for sale?

Please let me know either way.

Cheers.

Dave.
    Yes, it's still for sale. PM me an offer! :)
  • HuttonHutton Frets: 1
    Is this still for sale?
    edited January 2014
    This is now sold.