Only Connect

What's Hot
Pilot Neil Morgan (must be one and the same) is on Only Connect now.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I shall haz iPlayer.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    edited September 2013
    Pilot Neil Morgan (must be one and the same) is on Only Connect now.
    Isn't.

(Isn't "one and the same".  Is - was - on Only Connect).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Oh that's a shame. How many pilots are called Neil Morgan then? At least 2 it seems.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited September 2013
    I don't think he's got the time Mr Busypants.
    My V key is broken
  • They have a seven foot transexual on one of the teams and your thought is ' is it possible one of those men on the other team might be someone who builds guitars?'
    I bow to your ability to embrace diversity. :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited September 2013
    They have a seven foot transexual on one of the teams and your thought is ' is it possible one of those men on the other team might be someone who builds guitars?'
    I thought the very same thing. It was weird wasn't it? 

No issues with transgender people at all BTW just looked terribly pre op and awkward.
  • GuitarMonkey;40518" said:
    Oh that's a shame. How many pilots are called Neil Morgan then? At least 2 it seems.
    You'd be surprised. It's an actual, not-at-all-made-up fact that all pilots change their names to Neil, Steve or Roger on qualification, so there are more of them than in normal society..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurq;40659" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

They have a seven foot transexual on one of the teams and your thought is ' is it possible one of those men on the other team might be someone who builds guitars?'

I thought the very same thing. It was weird wasn't it? 

No issues with transgender people at all BTW just looked terribly pre op and awkward.
    it was when they stood up to do the wall and she towered over her father and brother that made me smile. Still, can't be easy and certainly a smart family. If they ever do Only Connect for idiots I will be first in line.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    how can your eyes be anywhere other than on the delicious Mrs Mitchell. 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • EricTheWeary;40738" said:

it was when they stood up to do the wall and she towered over her father and brother that made me smile. Still, can't be easy and certainly a smart family. If they ever do Only Connect for idiots I will be first in line.
    Yes a chunkier Lurch in a dress.

Count me in dude and I suggest the team name be "aging portly guitarists who are not that clever" or riff on a Ska and guitarists type name. Now one more recruit to find.

• bertie;40779" said:
    how can your eyes be anywhere other than on the delicious Mrs Mitchell. 
    Ordinarily that is exactly where my eyes would never move from, but this was something like morbid curiosity.
    Whenever I watch and get something right and they don't get it, suddenly I'm the cleverest person in the world and they're as thick as pig shit. Never mind that half the time I don't know the answers and they do.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I've given up on TV quiz shows because while people I know think i'm clever and have great recall of facts I only have recall of random facts, so quiz shows are the devils armpit of a thing and such things leave me feeling like a foolish idiot.

Except, as Holn mentions - on the rare and unusual occasion when I DO get a question right and they don't... they are dumber than than something that even pond scum think is dumb. 

Worst off is when I know an answer, and the contestants know the answer too - but are almost always faster than me. Which makes me feel dumber than them because I was so slow. 

These programs often also remind me of how poor my memory recall really is, and that my cognitive abilities are far below where I'd like them to be... 
  • I hate quiz show because most people can only answer the banal questions about football/soups/popular culture, but when it comes to what really counts, I.e, science, politics, history, philosophy they don't have a clue!
    Maybe I'm a snob, but since when does east Enders matter more than evolution, the economy or religious conflict and the reasons behind it
  • Maybe I'm a snob, but since when does east Enders matter more than evolution, the economy or religious conflict and the reasons behind it
    It has always mattered more. ;)
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I've not watched (more than seeing a minute or two in a chinese take-away, or waiting at a friends place while they get dressed) Eastenders in so long that I doubt most of the people who were in it are still in it... I am gladdened by this
    Just watching the episode now. "Our" Neil Morgan has much more hair, but I would have wondered too if I hadn't seen this thread first.
    My V key is broken
  • Myranda said:
    I've given up on TV quiz shows because while people I know think i'm clever and have great recall of facts I only have recall of random facts, so quiz shows are the devils armpit of a thing and such things leave me feeling like a foolish idiot.

Except, as Holn mentions - on the rare and unusual occasion when I DO get a question right and they don't... they are dumber than than something that even pond scum think is dumb. 

Worst off is when I know an answer, and the contestants know the answer too - but are almost always faster than me. Which makes me feel dumber than them because I was so slow. 

These programs often also remind me of how poor my memory recall really is, and that my cognitive abilities are far below where I'd like them to be... 
      My recall is quite odd at times and I seem to recall @Myranda being tempted to go on Pointless on some thread on MR years ago? And yet I am struggling to remember what day of the week it is.
    :(|)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    I hate quiz show because most people can only answer the banal questions about football/soups/popular culture, but when it comes to what really counts, I.e, science, politics, history, philosophy they don't have a clue!
    Maybe I'm a snob, but since when does east Enders matter more than evolution, the economy or religious conflict and the reasons behind it
    I don't think that criticism applies to Only Connect. 
  • I hate quiz show because most people can only answer the banal questions about football/soups/popular culture, but when it comes to what really counts, I.e, science, politics, history, philosophy they don't have a clue!
    I don't think that criticism applies to Only Connect. 
    Although on Only Connect those things are given equal weight - knowledge of Coronation Street and 1980's pop bands came up this week alongside the weightier stuff.

If I contribute any more to this discussion I shall do so including words with mssng vwls, to be more in the spirit of nly cnnct.