PSA: BBC R4 Reith Lectures

Really enjoyed the first one this morning about the fallibility of doctors. Very engaging speaker (who is himself a surgeon).

If you are interested ....  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04bsgvm

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I heard the 1st 10 minutes on the drive to work this morning. Would deffo listen to the rest of it later.

I rather like the Reith lectures. They usually get someone with something interesting to say. :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Unfortunately, very few people write TV thrillers or comedy for the layperson that finds the Reith Lectures interesting. By this I don't mean the intelligentsia, but us common folk who don't like everything dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

I love the Reith Lectures. Always something interesting to learn from them,
  • Atul Gawande is awesome, his books are well worth reading.

I know what you mean @hubobulous sometimes it seems like there's a huge gap between I'm a Celebrity and BBC4 Documentaries which could do with someone making some TV for.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    I grabbed a load of them back to something like 1945 a while back. I think the changing accents and broadcasting syle is almost as interesting as the content of the lectures..
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Jalapeno said:
    Really enjoyed the first one this morning about the fallibility of doctors. Very engaging speaker (who is himself a surgeon).

If you are interested ....  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04bsgvm

Indeed. Caught it. Particularly poignant as my Aunt has terminal cancer just now. I love R4. Book review Green Girl on the way home with the shits this eve, the sex word was used lots of times, mass panic in the car from the 10 yr old female of the species. Funny. Woman's Hour, class.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."