GAK Website?

What's Hot

Trying to get onto GAK's website.  It was working fine earlier, and was communicating with their customer service team. 

Now all I get is a blank white page.  Just me? or is the site down?   http://www.gak.co.uk/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    It's you. Works for me.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    This site will tell you:

• do you work for gak? are you just trying to get us to log on to the site? works fine for me anyway
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Works for me. I don't like their site all that much ( although there are worse) as it is a bit busy and lots of things in tiny print. I'm sure it's great for whoever puts it together on a massive monitor but on the iPad its a headache.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    do you work for gak? are you just trying to get us to log on to the site? works fine for me anyway
    Phil, no I don't, I was trying to get a message to customer services regarding courier pickup.  But site just stopped working.  It still just gives me a white page for some reason.  I'll restart my PC and see if that cures it, f not I'll reboot the router. 
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited December 2014
    @Mick ... hope its sorted for you soon mate :)

edit

I don't mind the GAK site. I can usually find what I'm looking for. I use a "massive monitor" ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • I just found this

drool, gibber ... neeeed!

Pip, wish I could see what it is, still got blank white page here.  Restarted PC, wireless hub, and cleared temp files etc. doh.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Phil_aka_Pip;431347" said:
    I just found this

drool, gibber ... neeeed!

Hooooooooo much????? Lordy.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272 said:

Hooooooooo much????? Lordy.
    my thoughts entirely
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    I'll take two.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Mick said: 

Now all I get is a blank white page. 

Its the snow, they've put too much on the website causing it to white out.

• Pip, lovely as that is , I can't really see that price for a production instrument. Maybe 2 to 3 k , no more.
  • Pip, lovely as that is , I can't really see that price for a production instrument. Maybe 2 to 3 k , no more.
    I couldn't afford it even at that price. Still want one though ;)
    edited December 2014
    Mick said: 

aha, didn't think of that.  doh...
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Mick said:
    Mick said: 

Try pressing CTR+F5 or SHIFT+F5 (depending on browser) to refresh the page. Web browsers can save a cached version of a webpage and no matter how many times you enter the URL or restart the PC it keeps that page in memory.  This command forces the browser to request a completely new page from the server, including images and back grounds.  If you are still having problems with the GAK site, try your local garden centre for a snow shovel.
    Mark_R said:
    Mick said:
    Mick said: 

Try pressing CTR+F5 or SHIFT+F5 (depending on browser) to refresh the page. Web browsers can save a cached version of a webpage and no matter how many times you enter the URL or restart the PC it keeps that page in memory.  This command forces the browser to request a completely new page from the server, including images and back grounds.  If you are still having problems with the GAK site, try your local garden centre for a snow shovel.

Thanks Mark, but already tried that a few times.  I could view it if I visited through proxy, so I tried restarting my router again this morning as the site still wasn't working, and that cured it.  Obviously it assigned a different IP address which seemed to work.

Anyway, I managed to resolve my support issue through email.  Sorted.. 

• I find the site far to cluttered. The images are far too small and the incessant ads on the pages just annoy me and drive to other sites that are easier to navigate. I suspect that they have lost sales due to the pics size.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited December 2014
    I agree the GAK website is one of the worst in the industry. I hardly look at what they have because the website is so frustrating to navigate and pics are rubbish and they do have some lovely gear. I have little time for companies with poor websites in 2014. Customer effort should be minimised ! Some companies seem to want to make it as frustrating as possible to buy their products. Hello Guitar website I would like to buy a new guitar! Your website is driving me crazy goodbye!
  • capo4th said:
    I agree the GAK website is one of the worst in the industry. I hardly look at what they have because the website is so frustrating to navigate and pics are rubbish and they do have some lovely gear. I have little time for companies with poor websites in 2014. Customer effort should be minimised ! Some companies seem to want to make it as frustrating as possible to buy their products. Hello Guitar website I would like to buy a new guitar! Your website is driving me crazy goodbye!
    you never tried the BT website? GAK is a doddle by comparison